"Fired" by my endocrinologist ... No longer Diabetic!

Options
I just wanted to thank all my friends on here and hopefully inspire others. In early 2009 I was pushing 250 and called back after my yearly physical to for further tests and later to find out I was a type 2 diabetic. Yesterday I had a followup that marks a year that I have been off the meds, just going at it with diet and exercise. I was really stressed out waiting for the results of my a1c test because I had been working so hard. My doctor and I were updating information with the lab tech, 2 other doctors and 3 med students came to the door to see who it was that pulled a 5.1 on the A1c with no meds (well inside the non-diabetic range)!!!! (Weight 184 now as well)

He said i was his ideal patient but didnt need to see me again. Just when I thought it could not get any better, my kids each told me how proud they were of me and I got the biggest hugs of my life. My little one told me she was so happy I will get to live a long time, I just started balling like a little girl. Just to much emotion.

I owe it all to exercise... It can be done!
yea.png

Please let me know if I can help any of you.... this site is awesome and I would love to pay it forward.

Replies

• Ruffles20
    Ruffles20 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Great work!
  • Figment14300
    Options
    That is amazing! congrats!!!!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats to you!

Karen
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Such a great testament to getting healthy - you now have many more years with your family and to share how you changed your life. Congratulations!
  • ExxEgueritaExxE
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats : )
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome NSV... Keep up the hard work!
  • mugofire
    mugofire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That is the best way to get fired!!! And also fired up!! Congrats!! :) that is a serious milestone! :)
  • gypsybug
    gypsybug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What a triumph!!! Amazing! Oh, you deserved those hugs and then some.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! I'm so happy for you and your family!
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love this! This is my ultimate goal! Right now I am on Amaryl, Metformin, and Lantus. My goal is to be off all those meds. You have given me hope! Thanks!
  • determined136
    Options
    Excellent! You deserve it....all your hard work is paying off. Keep it up and thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What a great story. I am so happy to hear that. Keep up the good work.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • silvercanoe
    silvercanoe Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and well done!!!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Such a wonderful NSV! I had gestational diabetes and therefore at risk of developing diabetes. I really hope that this life change will keep me off meds like you. Thank you for sharing your wonderful story!
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well done that is amazing!
    There are probably tons of people on this site who are pre-diabetes (at least) and don't know it. But to hear that with exercise, diet and effort that you can still undo the damage- that's amazing and inspiring. What a huge accomplishment.
  • rcates2424
    rcates2424 Posts: 208
    Options
    Congrats, great job.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's awesome to hear! Congratulation, you look great too!!
    :)
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Amazing NSV - you should be so very proud of yourself. This is exactly the reason why I am committed to getting healthy - I want to be around for my kids for a very long time, so I completely get your emotion - and in fact, I got a little teary reading your post. Congratulations!!
  • jacksonde24
    jacksonde24 Posts: 103
    Options
    That's so amazing!!! Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!