What other veggies are there?

Options
Besides broccoli, carrots, and snap peas. If I eat another snap pea I'm going to hurl! Let's hear it. What veggies do you all eat?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Besides broccoli, carrots, and snap peas. If I eat another snap pea I'm going to hurl! Let's hear it. What veggies do you all eat?

That's it. There are no other vegetables in the entire world. You're stuck with those.
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    Spinach!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Me personally, I eat potatoes, corn, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, spinach, asparagus, summer squash, black eyed peas, green beans, tomatoes, bok choy, kale, mustard greens (if I can find them), avocado, bell pepper, seaweed...
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options

That's it. There are no other vegetables in the entire world. You're stuck with those.

Omg... too funny.
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Spinach!
    Yes! Must remember to grab some next time I'm out. Thanks
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, spaghetti squash, mushrooms (I know a fungus, not a vegetable), cauliflower, beets, onions, radishes, spinach, lettuce, tomato, peppers, celery, potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, corn (technically a grain), green beans, wax beans, snow peas, avocados, etc. Find a local farmer's market and experiment with something new! ;)
  • tnrown87
    Options

FML!!!!:grumble:
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    Squash, tomato, cucumber, peppers, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, um... I pretty much love all veggies, but those are my favorites.

*edit
    And bean sprouts. Flippin love those in stirfry
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Brussell Spouts, Cabbage, Turnips, Beets, Cucumbers, Zuchinni, sweet potatoes and Spaghetti Squash, but I can eat just about any of the others except for asparagus and Hominy...yuck
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Me personally, I eat potatoes, corn, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, spinach, asparagus, summer squash, black eyed peas, green beans, tomatoes, bok choy, kale, mustard greens (if I can find them), avocado, bell pepper, seaweed...

I'll pass on the Brussels sprouts and asparagus, but add on artichokes, string beans, peas, zucchini, leeks, and radishes.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • tnrown87
    Options
    I just needed to get some new ideas, I am so used to canned. I'm trying to get out of a rut! Thanks guys!
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I eat them all.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Asparagus is one of my favorites. You can make them taste like French fries:

Coat the stalks with olive oil, salt and pepper, lay flat on a cookie sheet, then put in a 400 degree oven for 25-40 minutes, depending on the size of the stalks.

Num num!

I use baby spinach in my salads instead of lettuce. Potatoes, of course -- white and sweet. Zucchini, yellow squash, onions.

OP, is the problem more that you don't know how to prepare other veggies? How about picking one new one a week and looking up recipes online?
  • Thwatkins2
    Options
    I made a beet puree the other day. But for some reason i couldn't stomach the taste...but Beets are good if you like the taste
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    There's lots. Greens. Brussel Sprouts. Eggplant, Zucchini. Asparagus.

If you walk around a grocery or produce store, you'll see all kinds. Or buy a bag of frozen to get the party started.
  • tnrown87
    Options
    Asparagus is one of my favorites. You can make them taste like French fries:

Coat the stalks with olive oil, salt and pepper, lay flat on a cookie sheet, then put in a 400 degree oven for 25-40 minutes, depending on the size of the stalks.

Num num!

I use baby spinach in my salads instead of lettuce. Potatoes, of course -- white and sweet. Zucchini, yellow squash, onions.

OP, is the problem more that you don't know how to prepare other veggies? How about picking one new one a week and looking up recipes online?

Okay that is a really good idea! Thank you
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Dude! There are so many!!

Green beans: fresh green beans, sauteed in a bit of olive oil w/a pinch of sea salt, saute until tender/crisp (or to your liking).

Spaghetti squash: poke with holes, bake at 350 for ~1 hour, scoop out and serve either with a bit of butter/salt/pepper, or a little brown sugar for something sweet, OR spaghetti sauce!

Zucchini: too many ways to count!!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    cucumbers, red bell peppers, spinach, onions, garlic, broccoli. cauliflower, mushrooms, beets, looooove veggies!!!