ok... so...

Options
I feel like I've eaten a lot of food today, but I'm 114 calories under the 1200. :noway:

Is it ok to go under every once in a while?

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    yes.

if you feel worried, drink milk or orange juice or have some peanut butter and/or chocolate etc.
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    good suggestion.... now why didn't I think of that... :flowerforyou:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    your telling me, my intake is supposed to be 1400 but i am under by 530 or so........Im full :ohwell:
  • sonjab35
    sonjab35 Posts: 9
    Options
    i ahve too often wondered about that. A lot of times i don't reach my goal and i almost always eat under 1200 cal. but im often feeling so full like i can't eat anything else. so am i doing myself more harm than good?:wink:
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    sonjab35:

i don't know... I guess if you're full then you stop.... that's been one of my problems:ohwell: ... even when I start feeling full I keep eating because I like what I'm eating... that's one of the things I need to learn- when you're full, stop eating!:happy:
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    MissVitaVonCherry:

i'm not the only one! yay!:flowerforyou:
  • anony999
    anony999 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am supposed to take in 1760/day yet I am constantly ravenous and have been going over far too frequently... Not sure how you folks with 1200 calories do it!
  • daywater
    daywater Posts: 20
    Options
    I don't know about this but I recently heard that it's ok to mix up your calories ...once in awhile...we can't get carried away..that is what got us all in this mess (LOL); however, our bodies condition itself to a certain caloric intake and when we "mix it up" by eating 1500 cal one day a week instead of the normal 1200 or whatever yours is, your body goes''OH OK, IT'S ALRIGHT TO BURN MORE CALORIES BECAUSE WE'RE GONNA GET SOME MORE TOMORROW" Now obviously that is a funny analogy but you get the point. I'm wondering if any of you mentor types who have actually lost and kept it off or anyone with a degree in nutrition can validate this?

140137.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    that's a good point... I don't have a degree in nutrition or anything but that makes sense:smile:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think it is probably ok to go under once in awhile, but I was told by my trainer I wasn't eating enough...so I upped my protein intake and general calorie intake...and now I am losing weight again after a 4 month plateau...So I am a proponent of eating more nutrient dense food more often.
    A.