Summer Brides and Bridesmaids How much can drop

Options

Replies

• angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have one more year until my wedding, so I'm in no rush, but would love to support you ladies!

My wedding dress fit me perfectly when I bought it (at around 175lbs). I want to get down to around 136-140 - just hoping that they'll be able to take it in that much!

:)

Me too on all counts; getting married next year, and I don't plan to buy a dress that doesn't fit me because it's a LOT easier to take things in than take them out.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am the maid of honor in my cousins wedding September 15th and have about 28 pounds to get to my goal. I will be more than happy to join!!

SW - 300
    CW - 188
    GW - 160
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I only want to look good for the pictures. . .we're leaving the country so we won't have to invite anyone LOL.
  • Nanamo2012
    Nanamo2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Am Mother of the Bride, 17th november not picked an outfit yet, though my daughter and bridesmaids are all sorted so i know my colours i can go with, just need the bod to match. Am with you ladies.

SW154
    CW147
    GW130
    Height 5"3

Looked at all your dresses, they are stunning :-)
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    J3316-F.jpg

I think I posted the we page URL instead of the picture URL. Let's see if this works.

SWT- 142
    GWT- 135
  • Nanamo2012
    Nanamo2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Very nice kazzari, love the colour and the cross over, our bridesmaids is very close to this dress. My daughters wedding is november and i hate my arms so think i will have my shoulders covered.
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm a Sept. 2 bride! My dress:
    Piper.jpg
    The Piper dress from Modern Trousseau! So excited!

Starting: 125
    Goal: 110

gorgeous dress! i think i saw it on say yes to the dress :)

No way! I love that show!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I have one more year until my wedding, so I'm in no rush, but would love to support you ladies!

My wedding dress fit me perfectly when I bought it (at around 175lbs). I want to get down to around 136-140 - just hoping that they'll be able to take it in that much!

:)

Me too on all counts; getting married next year, and I don't plan to buy a dress that doesn't fit me because it's a LOT easier to take things in than take them out.

Oh I agree, I bought my dress at the size I am now but I just want to lose weight and get it taken in. A coming wedding is one of the best motivator fo weight loss. :wink:
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Two more days until my weigh in! can't wait to see the numbers go down.
  • sehrler
    sehrler Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yay for all the effort, ladies!

Regarding the back fat issue--I read that if you alter the back of your gown into a gentle downward curve instead of straight across, it eliminates the back fat issue--even skinny women have that problem sometimes.

Lindsey, OMG your weight loss so far is amazing!!!

I'm doing well...scale is stalled but I am not really that bummed because I am dropping inches like crazy and building a lot of muscle. Added pilates and an exercise balance ball into my strength training, LOVE it! And I am doing 45 mins a day of cardio. Today marks the beginning of week 6 for me. I feel really good. AND I've dropped 5" off my bust (SO HAPPY...hate my huge boobs!!!), 4" off my waist, 4.5" off my hips. Back in my size 10 Levis, now the hard work begins...I can't decide on a weight goal (somewhere between 25-40 more lbs) so I'm just going to see how I feel.

happy Monday!
  • mebohan
    mebohan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Class reunion in June. Brother's wedding in October and boyfriend's brother's wedding in November.. COUNT ME IN!

CW: 160
    GW for June: 155
    GW for October: 150
    GW for November: 145

Since it has taken me since January to lose 6 lbs (and that includes a half marathon.. ugh)... let's see what happens now that i've written this
  • kileemae
    kileemae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to join! How? Just keep on this forum? I'm in a wedding on June 15th! I want to lose 10lbs before then! My starting weight was 138 CW: 132 GW:122
  • IndyMode
    IndyMode Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am bridesmaid for a July 21st wedding, so I want to look hot! The other girls I will be standing next to are very thin...I don't know what the dress is going to be yet, probably should know in the next couple weeks!
  • IndyMode
    IndyMode Posts: 54 Member
    Options
  • cranford_s
    cranford_s Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm still 11 months away from my wedding, but I'd love to support you ladies while I get to work on my stuff!

SW: 165
    CW: 157
    GW: 135ish

I don't have a dress picked out yet, but plan on going in June or so!
  • kazzari
    Options
    Very nice kazzari, love the colour and the cross over, our bridesmaids is very close to this dress. My daughters wedding is november and i hate my arms so think i will have my shoulders covered.

Thank you! Actually, while I do like that color, the color I ordered is a berry. This color was a little more formal than my daughter would have liked, so I went with berry. The bridesmaids are wearing pinks and lilac and my daughter is wearing a light pink sash.
  • kazzari
    Options

Ooh, pretty dress! A great dress for showing off toned arms. Push ups!
  • sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in! October 28 bride here and dress is: <http://promsave.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/o/nora.jpg&gt;
    (Maggie Sottero - Nora)

Have my bridal shower in June and aiming to lose 5kg by then. I've lost 10kg already. I'm soooo keen for a bridal group! We should share recipes and any workout routines.

We got this! :happy:
  • Boonster001
    Options
    I would enjoy joining this... but, I am the Mom of the bride. I so don't want to be the fat mom at the wedding.... no photo's of the dress yet, because I haven't found one. My daughters wedding is August 18th.... 20 pounds down and I'd like to lose at least another 30!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding on Sept 29 (yes I know it's a little late for 'summer' haha. I started Jan 13 weighing 270 and am currently down to 232...my plan is to lose as much as I can before her wedding, and more importantly before her bachelorette party in Vegas haha! We already had to order our dresses and I was pretty bummed when I had to order a 22...so now my goal is to get this thing chopped in half when I need to fit it haha here's the dresses:
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Sleeveless-Satin-V-Neck-Dress-with-Slim-Skirt-81047_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses (I dont really know how to put pics in the boards lol sorry!)