4 month diet....first 30 days of p90x

Options
for the past few months I've been attempting to shed weight from being a former college football player...I was never really in poor shape as football kept me active and in year round shape....but there's no longer a need to bench press over 400 pounds and stay around the 300 lb. mark to battle in the trenches....I wanted to date beautiful women and I wanted to look good without my shirt on...

In February, I decided to retake my life...by the horns. The first two months I cut my calorie intake and slowly introduced a hard cardio routine of running and aerobic sports. I was met with good improvements and began to improve my eating habits and lean up. As a result, I dropped around 15 pounds.

The last two months of my life have been EXTREME and I'm too excited about how my body has changed already...If you are discouraged by dieting or feel your workout plan is ineffective, I'm hear to tell you about a diet/workout routine that has brought almost unbelievable results....P90x/low calorie.

Standing at roughly 275, i embarked on P90x expecting decent results, I've been met with INSANE results. P90x has changed my life already and I am thoroughly addicted. Within a one month time period I have dropped 23 lbs of weight and feel sooo much better, bringing my total to 252 as of today. I have a flatter stomach, ripped arms, and finally look like a the start to a normal body for once!

While some may naysay my caloric intake, I limit my calories to 1200-1500 per day with the p90x workout. A man of my size may find it difficult to consume such few calories...but I say bring it on. A sample day for me goes as follows:

Breakfast: Protein Shake, Skim Milk|
Lunch: Turkey Sandwich or Chicken Noodle Soup or Small Salad with minimal Italian dressing or Sushi
P90x: BRING IT!!!! Grueling one hour workout, estimated to burn roughly 600-1000 calories per workout.
Dinner: Grilled fish/chicken/pork or Sushi, baked potato (no butter or sour cream, eat the raw potato), some type of green vegetable or corn

My caloric intake usually tops out in the 1200-1500 range after a hard workout, my body is tired but I feel great. This past week I have began running after dinner to get in shape and burn additional calories. While the website claims I'm in starvation mode, I claim I FEEL GREAT!!! I'm addicted to fitness and can't wait for the next day....

Replies

• Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I think the right plan is the one that feels right for you. You seem to have found what works well for you. I hope I will find it soon too. Good luck and I hope you will reach your goal and stick with it. :flowerforyou:
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    i would love to get p90x..but its way to much money for me...
  • Hanni
    Options
    Why? How much ist it? You can get it here in the uk for £21.99 ...:ohwell:
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

I'm not sure you're thinking of the same thing. P90X is a12 set DVD home "boot camp" workout routine sold here in the States. It also comes with two very informative books on nutrition and the workouts. It lasts for 90 days. (I'm on round 2 and LOVING it!)
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options

150.00 not including the taxs and shipping...its all in one..
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i would love to get p90x..but its way to much money for me...

Hey Lynnie,

Is there anyway you could put away $20 a week or every two weeks? Before you know it, you'd have the money. It's really a wonderful program.

G'luck!
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    While some may naysay my caloric intake, I limit my calories to 1200-1500 per day with the p90x workout. A man of my size may find it difficult to consume such few calories...but I say bring it on. A sample day for me goes as follows:

Congratz on your results so far. I'm only on day 5 and already my stomach is starting to lose some of its Michelin Man appearance and looking a bit flatter. In the first month did you hit the 50-30-20 protein, carb, fat ratio on calories? I'm really struggling finding enough protein for that and curious what your tricks might be using. I think if you start feeling drained and out of gas, then you should eat more calories. But if you're feeling great and you body fat % is going down, then keep doing what you're doing if you feel energetic and happy.
  • Hanni
    Options

I'm not sure you're thinking of the same thing. P90X is a12 set DVD home "boot camp" workout routine sold here in the States. It also comes with two very informative books on nutrition and the workouts. It lasts for 90 days. (I'm on round 2 and LOVING it!)

Yes, here it is a 13 disc set by tony horton.
  • Ronbo76
    Ronbo76 Posts: 6
    Options
    well im not really following the p90x diet verbatim...i started using 1200 calories a day and my weight loss bogged down...recently ive been eating 1500-1800 and running 3 x a week and the weight loss picked back up big time...this program is awesome!
  • Ronbo76
    Ronbo76 Posts: 6
    Options
    well im not really following the p90x diet verbatim...i started using 1200 calories a day and my weight loss bogged down...recently ive been eating 1500-1800 and running 3 x a week and the weight loss picked back up big time...this program is awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!