Grumpy husband

Options
2»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My husband is doing this with me. He is down 56 lbs and I am down 52. We are continually telling each other how good the other one looks. We are finding new things about our bodies that impress us and commenting on them.

I agree that maybe there is something more to his moodiness. Have you asked him more specific questions other than " what is wrong?"

Why do you think we all envy you!!:wink::laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    This is a second marriage for both of us.I know that I did a lot better the second time around!!!
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    I'm talking from experience here (with my own parents, not my own marriage :laugh:).

When my mom lost 110 pounds, after that, my parents' relationship pretty much fell apart. My mom was a happier person, and my dad was really jealous. He hated to see my mom so happy over something he didn't do, so he started getting jealous and yelling at my mom, saying she only lost the weight so she could cheat on him... You should also note that my mom weighed 240, got down to 130, while my dad stayed at 249. Yeah, I think he was jealous.

There's a possibility that it's something else, but from experience, it may be jealousy, especially if he's not losing weight (if he needs to) and you are.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I just can NOT wrap my head around this whole jealousy business....maybe because I have never been a jealous person (DH isn't either)
    We openly talk about other people being attractive etc...doesn't threaten me in anyway

I would just be up front and ask him what is wrong........maybe he's feeling like you might leave him behind etc
    Try to get him to open up about his feelings
    Kim
  • Cherrystargirl
    Options
    Oh guys,you wouldn't BELIEVE how much I've tried to get him to open up, but the more I try, the more the walls are coming up. And I've tried in different ways too, but nothing's working. I'm just going to resign myself to the fact that this is HIS problem (whatever it is) and there's a reason he doesn't want to open up to me, so I'll leave him to deal with it in its own time.

In the meantime, I'll just concentrate on losing weight, feeling great and learning to be me again!

thanks for all your comments xxx
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh guys,you wouldn't BELIEVE how much I've tried to get him to open up, but the more I try, the more the walls are coming up. And I've tried in different ways too, but nothing's working. I'm just going to resign myself to the fact that this is HIS problem (whatever it is) and there's a reason he doesn't want to open up to me, so I'll leave him to deal with it in its own time.

In the meantime, I'll just concentrate on losing weight, feeling great and learning to be me again!

thanks for all your comments xxx

Good attitude!!

at least you know you are not alone:laugh:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Blame the testosterone! Just kidding.

Marriage and family counselors will tell you, whenever there is a drastic change in their partner, the other partner suffers some anxiety. Male or female! Weight loss, disease, Plastic surgery, weight gain, the list goes on and on. We humans are creatures of habit and do not really like change much. Encourage him about your love and devotion to him and talk to him. Praise how wonderful of a father he is, How secure you feel when you are together etc. Men need compliments too! It is not a female verses male thing at all.
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    sometimes you gals are just very very unfair

Yeah, and a lot of times we're right.

:bigsmile:

thats very true

just like men
    everyone can make mistakes
    especially men and especially women
    if that makes any sense:wink:

Haha, too true Dave!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I wonder if he just feels left out of your new lifestyle. I think the bf feels a little left out when I go on my walks, he always says we should go on a walk together - but when it comes down to it he doesn't want to go.

The bf doesn't get weird with me though (*knock on wood*)... he's been way too excited with me cooking in the kitchen instead of going to the drive-thru. :laugh: