Bento

Options
Hey folks! I haven't been on the boards in absolutely ages, but I've got a new development and wanted to see who had ideas!

My husband has recently gotten into Japanese culture, studying the language, etc. One thing that struck both of our eyes was bento boxes. These seem like an awesome way to get a quality meal in the middle of the day.

I have a book of some recipes, but none contain calories and I'm looking for as many fun ideas as I can find. If anyone has anything they make or if they have a website they use, please post it so I can branch out with my bento preparations.

Replies

• OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I like to make bentos from time to time. Since I work at home I never really get the option. The picture below is of asparagus and pea couscous, potato salad, vegetarian hot dogs, and eggs in cute animal shapes. You can still make things cute when you are an adult.
    I personally love using eggs, they are a great travel food.
    218191_10150214408881468_731206467_8613254_2332013_n.jpg
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I made bento boxes for my daughter all through high school (she's in college now). Here's a good site with good recipes that I've been able to adapt to lower calorie if it isn't already low cal:

www.justbento.com
    www.justhungry.com

Mostly Asian recipes which I love. But she's got some good examples of bentos too. She's been sick so not a lot of content recently, but look through her recipes and postings.

This is another site that shows lots of bento lunches: http://laptoplunch.blogspot.com/