Almond Butter or Peanut Butter?

Options

Replies

• mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Lots of peanut butter! And MarNatha Caramel Almond Butter Spread!!!!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i love all nut butters.

if you haven't tried pistachio butter yet YOU MUST.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    PB2 :)
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    i love all nut butters.

if you haven't tried pistachio butter yet YOU MUST.

Where do you purchase these nut butters??? I'm in the states on the east coast.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    ill take pb over almond butter anyday
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Most definately almond! Peanuts are not even nuts! They are in the bean family. Also, if you follow the blood type diet, you will find that peanuts are bad for all blood types to eat. They have harmful lectins in them that affect everyone. All foods have lectins, and they can affect people in all different ways, some are beneficial, some are neutral, and some are harmful and it is different for every blood type. Read this if you want to know more about how lectins effect the human body.

http://www.vrp.com/digestive-health/lectins-their-damaging-role-in-intestinal-health-rheumatoid-arthritis-and-weight-loss

Interesting because I have eaten peanut butter nearly every day of my life and am in perfect health and until I got my IUD, lost weight at a rate of nearly 2 pounds a week even when I weighed within my healthy range.

So I think I'll keep eating it. And peanuts, too.
    Don't worry, blood type diet is junk pseudo-science. Lectins are not generally harmful, unless you eat large amounts of raw beans, nuts, and peanuts. Considering they are always cooked before eating (roasted or boiled,) it's just more false fear mongering being spread around. Peanuts are an incredibly healthy food.

For the OP, the answer is all of them, peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, hazelnut butter, pistachio butter... If you have a food processor, you can pretty much grind them yourself to make your own, any combinations you want.
  • skywa
    Options
    whole foods might hv it. maybe even trader joes. i live in hawaii so i order it online.
  • sanghera_04
    Options
    Almond butter all the way
  • skywa
    Options

I don't know if it's avaliable in the US but i LOVE the brand "Nuts to You". Personally I prefer it over Marantha. Their Almond Butter and Almond Hazelnut Butter (my first impression was tastes like ferrero rocher :O ) are to DIE FOR.
    :D

almond hazelnut sounds amazing. must try.
  • trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    Never tried almond... What is the difference? I like almonds more than peanuts though

You should def. try almond...preferably fresh ground from your local co-op!
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!!!!
  • chrissiepooh
    chrissiepooh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    pb2
  • ryn013
    ryn013 Posts: 116
    Options
    Both! And cashew butter :bigsmile:
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Peanuts are not even nuts!
    peanut.jpeg
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Love almonds but can't stand almond butter! I'm a PB butter girl, through and through :happy: I say, whatever tastes best to you!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Never tried almond... What is the difference? I like almonds more than peanuts though
    The difference is... It tastes like almonds.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    The difference is... It tastes like almonds.

Big help that was....
  • damerdar
    damerdar Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Stop tempting me!!!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    If you can't decide, just het some ABC spread! (Almond, Brasil and Cashew)... and if you want, mix some PB in there as well! :D
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Never had almond before, but I love PB!