Planning and preparing meals easier said than done?

Options
Ok, so Ive been told numerous times. Always plan ahead on what you are eating.

I work in a gym with several trainers and a lot of them dont seem to understand that Im working 65-75 hr work weeks.

I work 2 jobs and on top of that I am a student interning at M D Anderson Cancer Center. I work very hard and when I come home I would love to just relax and not have to spend a couple of hours in the kitchen prepping and packing a whole bunch of meals.

I am always on the go and in a rush, so planning meals is a really good idea yet difficult for me to carry out.

Do any of you make your meals a week in advance?

Does it still taste good after freezing and eating it on the 7th day?

Are there any "healthy/nutritious" foods that are quick and easy to make to take on the go?
If so what are your suggestions?

Replies

• Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I used to do OMC (once a month cooking) and it works great. One day cooking 7 or eight dishes which split into 6-8 portions gives variety and I don't have to cook that often. When I had time I would cook another dish (another 6-8 portions) and add the extra to the freezer so keeping it topped up all the time.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    That seems like an even better idea! :) Id have to buy a lot of of storage containers and plug in the deep freezer (cause my freezer in the house is tiny). I just may try that.

I used to do OMC (once a month cooking) and it works great. One day cooking 7 or eight dishes which split into 6-8 portions gives variety and I don't have to cook that often. When I had time I would cook another dish (another 6-8 portions) and add the extra to the freezer so keeping it topped up all the time.
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Fill any empty space in your freezer with cardboard boxes to keep it running ok until you have filled it up

Good luck
  • hatrammell
    Options
    I work a lot and do school (not as much as you, which I commend, cuz that's amazing lol), and what I do is I do a once a week thing. On my day off, or a day that I don't have to go in until later, I fix up different meals (tuna salad sandwich seems to work the best for me). I have brought most of my lunch stuff up to work with me and kept it here. I have my breads, a container with tuna salad, turkey, cheese, avacado slices, granola bars, and whatever else. I made a meal tracker in Excel and put what I was going to eat each day for my meal and work and the snacks and I already have them there. I also brought a case of water up here and put it in the fridge. I don't know if you can do that, but it has made all the difference with me.

Good luck =)