I ran with my local Running Club today!!

Options
I have been training for a 5K Which I completed on Wednesday. I am ready to move up in mileage but of course was doubting myself. Then I found the local running club website and saw they were doing a 4 mile race today. So I ran it and completed it. I was the last one but thats ok!! I also have a new PR (personal record) as when I did my 5K it was 35:12. Today I ran the 4 miles in 40 minutes so I was HAPPY!! It was so much better to run with a group. They were so nice. Then I was leaving I was telling the race director I was going to get food supplies for DDs bday party, he handed me all the fruit and cookies to give to the kids! It was such a sweet gesture! I hope I can get back to run with them soon!!

Replies

• jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    I'm glad you had such a good experience! It is always SO helpful to find a group to go running with - not only people to support and encourage you, but also to push your limits to see your true potential. Good for you, keep it up. :smile:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome, and especially since you cut some time off your run! I always run bymyself, but I hear running with others is much better. I'm glad it was a good time for you!