Ground Flax Seeds & / or Chia Seeds

Options
2»

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I've used both ground flax seeds and chia seeds. Not sure I notice any type of difference with either. I know they both have Omega 3's, with chia having more. I heard both can help with digestion and chia seeds keeping you more full. I personally don't notice any difference with my digestion or being more full.

I ran out of the flax and haven't bought more. Not sure if I will buy more chia when that is gone too.

What I used them in:
    oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, smoothies.
  • KahalaGal
    KahalaGal Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I notice my joint pain in my hips is much improved in just a week.
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've been using ground flax seeds for over a year and recently incorporated chia seeds into my diet. With the chia seeds, I feel a lot more full during the day and a little more energized. I use them for fiber and omega 3's. I love putting them in everything I eat, like yogurt, smoothies, salads ect
  • brandyleigh35
    brandyleigh35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have yogurt for breakfast every morning. I use the Fage greek yogurt, about 1/2 a cup, add 1/2 a cup of crushed pineapple, 2 Tbsp Chia seeds, 2 tbsp ground flax seed, 2 tablespoons pecans, 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, and about 4 tbsp crushed walnuts. Yea it sounds like a lot but it stays with you forever, and its SOOO good for you! I have noticed a huge difference in my energy levels, and just my overall feeling of wellness. My skin also looks amazing, and an added benefit is all the omega 3's have helped my joints be less achy. I can eat this for breakfast and sometimes go all the way through until like 2:00pm before I start feeling hungry again. This makes over a cup of mix so sometimes I split it and eat half for breakfast, and half later in the afternoon for a snack, or before I head to the gym. Its a great energy booster and all those seeds and nuts are so good for you! Try it!
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if any of you have added flax and or chia seeds to your daily routine as I have read of the many benefits of both.

1. If yes, what benefits have you experienced?

2. How do you incorporate them into your daily regimen?

I use both-the flax seed I add to everything-salads, recipes, green smoothies, oatmeal, brown rice etc. The chia seeds I add to green smoothies.

Benefits-I eat a mostly whole foods, plant based diet and use them for fiber, omega 3 and protein.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I prefer hemp hearts (shelled hemp seeds) compared to flax or chia seeds. Quick protein source that I sprinkle on berries or salads--great omega fats. Stabilizes my blood sugar so I don't crave sweets, keeps me full longer etc.

I use hemp seeds too, but dang are they expensive! Cost wise they're double the cost of chia seeds and triple the cost of flax seeds.
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use Chia seeds, soaked in water, to replace eggs in all of my recipes. I use the ground flax seed meal in every recipe that calls for flour. Not a lot but enough to get some of the health benefits.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I use both everyday in my oatmeal.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I don't eat chia seeds daily, but I do incorporate them and hemp hearts every now and then. I find they fill me up, I like how small they are, how I can make a sort of tapioca with almond milk instead of the same old eggs every day. I throw hemp hearts in my salad to boost my macros. Hemp hearts taste better then chia seeds, but I use both.