Considering a liquid diet...

Options
I know I should just stick to eating less calories and exercising more, but I've been wondering if it might kick start me to do some sort of liquid diet like Slimfast or the more expensive ones like at GNC or Body by Vi Challenge. I didn't know if anyone had positive results with those sorts of things?

Replies

• mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    To be honest, it is incredibly hard. i have tried it before and it made me so miserable and cranky. Have you tried just sticking to the MFP plan and that way you decrease your calories and still be eating some good foods.

I have read in a couple of health books that replacing one meal with a protein shake per day can give you results quicker. I just did not have the willpower at all to do it!
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I had to be on a liquid diet for a few weeks for medical reasons. I personally wouldn't do it again unless I had to. If you decide to do it, I highly recommend buying a good blender and making your own. There are some surprisingly good smoothie recipes out there are made with real food, and no icky stuff.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You might want to review: http://www.liquiddietdiscussion.com/
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Well I thought this was about drinking alcohol for lunch.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I did Medifast for 6 weeks. Lost 30 lbs and hated every minute of it. I wasn't hungry but so sick of those sweet shakes. I like to chew food and I am not a huge sweet eater so it just wasn't my thing. But I did drop the lbs quick and because the shakes were high protein low carb I didn't have sugar spikes or feel hungry. I think toward the end I was only intaking half my calories because I just could stand to do all 5 shakes every day.

Now alcohol diet sounds a lot more promising for like factor, not so much for weight loss.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I went on a medically supervised liquid diet about 13 years ago. No solid food from end of June 1999 to mid November. I lost 50 pounds, then another 25 afterwards to get to the weight I'm at now.

It was hard, for sure, and expensive, and my gall bladder nearly exploded and I had to have emergency surgery to have it removed.

I kept the weight off until mid 2002 when I got lazy and stopped exercising and started eating crap again.

It can work if you are truly determined to do it, but eating healthy and exercising is my recommendation.