Vegetarian Pizza

Options
AliceKlaar
AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
Here's my first pass at a quick and easy reduced fat pizza, which is also good cold the next day:-

SERVES 2
1 x Napolina large pizza base
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
salt, pepper and dried mixed herbs, to taste
approx 40g red onion, sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
2-3 closed cap mushrooms, sliced
100g Cathedral City mature lighter cheddar cheese, finely grated

Place tomatoes in a small saucepan. Add salt, pepper and mixed herbs to taste and cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until reduced to a thick sauce.

Place the pizza base on a baking tray and top with the tomato sauce. Top with the sliced vegetables and then the cheese. Place the pizza in a pre-heated oven (about 200 deg c) for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until cheese has melted and base is cooked through.

Nutritional values per serving: 431 calories / 14g fat / 9g sat fat / 10g sugar / 24g protein / 5.5g carbs

The amount of cheese is pretty generous, so you could use less if you wanted to reduce calories/fat even further and the toppings are just my preference; I just wanted to put together a simple, substantial recipe that made good leftovers. Feel free to experiment!

Replies

• LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    So when are you going to invite me over the house lol. I'd LOVE to have some. :flowerforyou:

Bribe you with a pretty flower! :laugh:
  • jenniferpowell1980
    jenniferpowell1980 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use my own base, its just wholemeal flour, yeast and water, mix, leave to settle and use!