hey yall!!!

Options
Hello. I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm new to the site. My name is Brittaney and I'm 23 from Spring, TX. Over the course of the last year I have lost about 30 pounds. I just graduated from college, and had put on some weight after highschool. I did the first half of my weightloss through weight watchers which really helped me learn how to eat better, and taught me what I can eat on the go. I stopped doing weight watchers and just eating sensibly and found a new passion for running. I started running at the beginning of the year and have done 3 different 5k events and am currently training for my first triathlon :-) I have become really interested in fitness (or re-interested because I was very active in junior and high school). I reached my goal weight and have decided to lose a few extra pounds. I need this site to really be accountable for what I can eat, and for some additional support. I also just got engaged to the love of my life a few days ago, so I need to stay in shape for my wedding next summer :-)

Replies

• jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi, Brittaney! Congrats on your engagement, that's wonderful. You sound so happy.

What triathlon are you training for? I am training for one in the fall myself and I'm really excited that there is someone else on here with the same vision. Haha. This site has been such a wonderful tool in my short time on here so far. Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm training for the Austin Triathlon its in September. I'm a little nervous because I live in the Houston area and we don't have hills and I've heard Austin is very hilly. Its a sprint distance 700m swim, 17 mi bike, and a 5-k run. What about yours?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • PBJ1963
    PBJ1963 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittaney,
    Thanks for helping me find this sight! Wish me luck and keep pushing me so your Mom can get rid of Cholesterol and high blood pressure! It's hard now that I am pushing 50. It seemed so easy in my 20's. Hope with my hypothyroidism this works out. I never knew how a thyroid could prevent you from losing weight. I just feel yucky in general and have to keep in my mind that I am strong willed and can do this. I am so proud of all that you have accomplished. Your sister too! Love you, Mom
  • PBJ1963
    PBJ1963 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittaney,
    Thanks for helping me find this sight! Wish me luck and keep pushing me so your Mom can get rid of Cholesterol and high blood pressure! It's hard now that I am pushing 50. It seemed so easy in my 20's. Hope with my hypothyroidism this works out. I never knew how a thyroid could prevent you from losing weight. I just feel yucky in general and have to keep in my mind that I am strong willed and can do this. I am so proud of all that you have accomplished. Your sister too! Love you, Mom