Post Pregnancy

Options
I am 29 years old and had a baby 6 months ago. I work full time and can't stand to spend anymore time away from her working out. I get a run in here and there..and walking here and there (with her) but running with a jogging stroller is tough and I end up doing intervals. I just can't seem to WANT to find the time away from her to work out. Also, i do zumba once a week (i am an instructor, but do not teach at this point in time - so im taking the class).
I just want someone to help me stay on track because I breastfeed and therefore eat like a heffer! So i cant get these 15lbs off. Today I started this program again and told myself to stop eating as many sweets.
So im trying to stick with it..and eventually get myself back into exercise. (i was a fanatic pre-baby...) I also want to run a 5k with her in June - so i need to get on it!

Replies

• PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    have you tried just weighted cardio like plyometrics, steps, jump rope, etc? burpees, weightest squat thrusts. they are killer exercises and burns a lot of calories in very short amounts of time.
  • Wynweight
    Wynweight Posts: 10
    Options
    I have not, I tend to lean more towards cardio than i do weighted anything. I know i should be better about some sort of weight training, just never got into it and now its even harder. But i will look into more, especially if it requires less time. I have heard about Crossfit, i thought about trying it.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am the mom of a 5 month old. So I understand where you are at. You do know you can log your breastfeeding in mfp, right? Every time I pumped, I logged it under food. That way I knew how many calories I needed to adjust for.
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also post pregnancy. I use to be really active then I had number 1 and had to go back to work after 4 months. I still breastfed until 16 months! Now with number 2 I just can't seem to shift the weight I gained with number 1! This time I have a year off but I hate spending time away from the girls. I usually work out after they have gone to bed. You can add breastfeeding to your MFP diary. It is under food and cardio. Add me if you like and good luck!
  • Mandysc
    Mandysc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am kinda in the same boat, I have a 6 month old as well and with working full time and not seeing much of her as it is I always feel bad when I go work out. So what I have been doing is getting up super early and working out before my boyfriend or the baby are even up. This way I get my work out in and start my day on a good foot, if I can't wake up in the morning which is the case most days I go late at night like 8 or 9ish, I know it is hard and I don't want to miss a minute of her growing up but I also want to be a good example for her when she gets older and she is healthy and wants to stay active so she is never in my situation . Good Luck I know you can do it!
  • SherryLohr
    Options
    Put your baby in a bouncer or on the floor for some play time and pop in a workout video. Keep her right in front of you so she can watch you and make it something fun for her too. If you do a lunge or something like that make a noise at her to make her laugh. It will make it more enjoyable for you too and you wont feel like you are losing time with her. I have 3 girls and it wasn't until my third that things became difficult for me. She wants mommy too much for me to get anything done!
  • Wynweight
    Options
    Thanks all for your input! Some great ideas. I have thought about waking up extra early or doing something late at night, just havent done it yet! I usually go after work - but thats tough because the night is so scheduled with feeding her/bath time/reading/etc. Also..i made breastfeeding an exercise, so I know some people said they did it as a food (dont know how you guys did that). So i just add on about 500 more calories in a day for that reason. I know I have been told to keep the calorie intake around 1800-2000 when breastfeeding, so I set my calorie goal at 2000.
  • nye373
    nye373 Posts: 19
    Options
    We have similar stories. I'm a 28-year-old, had a baby 6 months ago, and I'm also breastfeeding (and eating like a cow). I'm back at work-- only took a couple months off-- and now I can't find any time to work out. It seems like if I do have free time, I need to get so many other things done. Why can't the day be longer? :)

I'm new to MFP, so I need some friends. You should add me: nye373. I would love to help motivate you, and I know I NEED the motivation myself. I also would like to run a 5k, but not yet, I can barely jog for two minutes at a time.
  • EJsMummy26
    EJsMummy26 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Some people's bodies hold on to weight when breast feeding, it's natures way of making sure your baby doesn't "starve."

Hang in there!
  • Wynweight
    Options
    Totally eat like a cow..but i guess thats natures way of making sure we keep producing a good source of milk! Its just i need to make healthier choices. Im not into chips or anything like that, my biggest downfall is if there are cookies in the house!! (Or cake, since it was just my birthday!!) I tried to watch my calorie intake before but it was too drastic and i felt like i was going to pass out, I just really needed those extra calories and the last thing i wanted to do was ruin my milk supply!!