Frustrated....

Options
Eating right and walking every and it isn't happening. I just got overwhelmed and broke down emotionally tonite. Would appreciate no snide comments please about my post.

Replies

• nikki_marie05
    nikki_marie05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What kind of diet are you on?
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Hopefully you didn't stop anything cold turkey! That's usually when it's the hardest. Help yourself taper the bad foods out of your diet. Some people find joy in exercising, maybe you need to find a fun activity that includes activity. For me walking is boring so I put on some good tunes on my ipod and go for a bikeride/swim/play hockey. What is causing your breakdown?
  • jmatney79
    jmatney79 Posts: 80
    Options
    add me! I'll be great support!
  • marvelousmeg422
    marvelousmeg422 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I hate when i work so hard and there are no results, but each day is different! Just take a deep breath, picture the goal at hand, and remember tomorrow is a new day! :) Don't give up!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    This is a very emotional process. Don't give up! Make sure you're eating a moderate deficit (not too low on cals though), and the weight will start to come off. It may just be a bit slower than you'd like. Try to think of this as a marathon, not a sprint. Focus on being healthy, and don't let the scale mess with your head hon. I know it's frustrating, but you are capable of change...you ARE. Keep your chin up. :flowerforyou:
  • jpfost
    jpfost Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lots of variables here. Why are you eating, how much are eating, how often are you eating? Weight loss is tuff, I have lost 40lbs and hit my fair share of brick walls along the way. You just have to keep at it the correct way!! Don't give up.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am on a low carb no sugar diet. I am on 1200 cals and I usually eat around 800 cals. I walk every day (brisk pace). My husband is a junk food junky which doesn't help. I want to lose 22 lbs to get to my goal of 160 lbs before my 30th birthday in January then maybe lose 10 lbs. I have restarted my weightloss journey 16 days ago.
  • MissVickie220
    Options
    ( I don't have a dub-a-u ) are u getting your Vater intake? Its amazing the vgt that comes oph vhen u drink. Thats the hardest 4 me

but I'm back on track and lost 10 lbs in 6 days. Don't be hard on yourselph ( no eeeeph either.....LOL ) tomorrov is another day I had

a bad day the other day and yesterday I only got in 300 calories (not good) I stress i don't eat, I get depressed I eat. It's hard I no

I like to drink beer ALOT and my hubby isn't supportive in that part but I'll have 1 sometime and don't pheel guilty about it. I could use

a pal :flowerforyou:
    '
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I did so good last week and still nothing. I know how you feel.
  • giadatje
    giadatje Posts: 59
    Options
    I am on a low carb no sugar diet. I am on 1200 cals and I usually eat around 800 cals. I walk every day (brisk pace). My husband is a junk food junky which doesn't help. I want to lose 22 lbs to get to my goal of 160 lbs before my 30th birthday in January then maybe lose 10 lbs. I have restarted my weightloss journey 16 days ago.

I think you are not eating enough. If your body enters into starvation mode, you will accumulate instead of losing.
    Try to eat all your calories. Probably you need even more than 1200. And if you exercise you should eat all your burned calories back.
    Furthermore, losing weight is not the only thing. During my first 3 weeks here I lost only half pound, but my waist went down of 3 inches.
    And trust me... I know what it means to see your partner eating everything :grumble:

Add me if you want, I will be happy to support you and everybody else!!!
  • KrystalCoralea83
    KrystalCoralea83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU KEEPING TRACK OF YOUR MEASUREMENTS ALSO? CAUSE SOMETIMES YOU WONT LOSE WEIGHT BUT YOUR STILL BURNING FAT AND GAINING MUSCLE WHICH YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE IN YOUR MEASUREMENTS. SORRY I COULDNT BE OF MORE HELP! BUT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, EVERYONE HITS A BUMP IN THE ROAD =)
  • whoiskat23
    whoiskat23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    ( I don't have a dub-a-u ) are u getting your Vater intake? Its amazing the vgt that comes oph vhen u drink. Thats the hardest 4 me

but I'm back on track and lost 10 lbs in 6 days. Don't be hard on yourselph ( no eeeeph either.....LOL ) tomorrov is another day I had

a bad day the other day and yesterday I only got in 300 calories (not good) I stress i don't eat, I get depressed I eat. It's hard I no

I like to drink beer ALOT and my hubby isn't supportive in that part but I'll have 1 sometime and don't pheel guilty about it. I could use

a pal :flowerforyou:
    '

Are you drinking now? Lolol! :laugh:

To the OP... I feel your pain. I had to make a mental shift and realize this is for life, not a "diet". Once I did that, it became easier to eat in the right way for me to lose weight.
  • lampeace
    lampeace Posts: 4
    Options
    This is true i am at the same point but i wasnt eating enough and i was working out and losing nothing so i told my coach what was going on and she said i was in a starvation mode. I am so glad i found all of these comments. Now i know i am not alone in this battle. Im new to this and would like to know how to add people for support.
    Thanks
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!! It's a challenge...everyone would be thin and fit if this were easy! My weight loss has slowed down considerably, and I think it's because I was training too hard and eating too little. 800 calories/day isn't enough, sweetie! Try for 1200, and don't quit! Even if the scale moves s l o w l y, you are making positive changes. :flowerforyou:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

Hang in there, losing weight DOESN"T happen quickly in the real world.

Make sure you eat all your calories, you aren't doing your body any favours by cutting calories drastically low - this is most likely to put you at risk of not getting enough good nutrition to stay happy and healthy and might even be one reason why you had a melt-down. I know that I get really emotional and angry when I don't eat enough. And cutting out carbs/sugar is not going to help your mood either - do you have an actual medical reason to eat this way or are you just being influenced by the current low carb fad?

So, my advice: for the next few weeks, try eating 1200 cals/day plus whatever your burn from exercise and see how you feel.
    Eat a balance of protein, good fats and carbs - as many fruit and veggies as you can, good proteins like chicken and fish and lean red meat, olive oil, reduced fat dairy, whole grain carbs (grainy breads, brown rice etc).

I'm betting your mood will improve and you're more likely to lose weight at a steady rate if your body doesn't panic and try to survive on the very low intake (which you are getting now).

Good luck!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    P.S. Late last week I increased my calories by 100/day and have been making sure I eat all of my calories most days...just broke my plateau and lost two more pounds. You can do this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • droberts3311
    Options
    For goodness sake don't get too down. You have lost 22 already. Too little cal and maybe do differant types of exercise. I got moving again by getting a weighted hula hoop. I would make deals with myself all the time. If I wanted to watch TV, I had to be moving. Then the next day I started taking the stairs 2 at a time. It all helps and once you get moving again it will be easier.

And that you for serving!! Hope you had somewhat of a pleasant experience.
    And I am trying to get 10 -15 more off........been there done that,,,,,,,still there!!:flowerforyou:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost 22 lbs, that is what I need to lose.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    800 calories is only enough to sustain a 10 year old, need to eat more and it will happen we didn't gain it overnight we can't lose it overnight either, stick with it
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Were you on any calorie restriced diet before January? Also, to get better advice you should open your diary.