MFP Crush

Options
WarriorMom2012
WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
I know....this is an old topic but....

Admission: I have a crush on one of my friends...ok, several friends. Im thinking of a traveling MFP love fest.

Seriously, how do I tell my friend I want to have a serious relationship with them without ruining our friendship.

All real suggestions welcome....

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    u srs?
  • mswhite60
    mswhite60 Posts: 35
    Options
    are you srs?

Are YOU serious?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I used to have a relationship with one of my MFP friends. We had to start talking off of MFP and through web cam and phone first. Just say what you think and feel. If you don't ask the answer is always no. Asking is the only way to get a yes.

I think many guys appreciate when a girl knows what she wants and goes for it. Can't speak for guys, but having enough guts to ask usually gets me a date.
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ha ha thats cute : )
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    be safe, it's a wild place on the internets
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    is this for real?!? if it is... they'll probably see this topic you posted & there ya go :wink:
  • CAKEDOC
    CAKEDOC Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    LOL so true
    is this for real?!? if it is... they'll probably see this topic you posted & there ya go :wink:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I used to have a relationship with one of my MFP friends. We had to start talking off of MFP and through web cam and phone first. Just say what you think and feel. If you don't ask the answer is always no. Asking is the only way to get a yes.

I think many guys appreciate when a girl knows what she wants and goes for it. Can't speak for guys, but having enough guts to ask usually gets me a date.

Why do you assume she is talking about a "he "?

ETA - ah never mind...
  • WarriorMom2012
    Options
    Its true. We talk and text but I'm kinda shy and I really like him and dont wanna risk our friendship.
  • warmachinejt
    Options
    Do you live in the same state? Then go for it...you already talk on the internetz it should break the akwardkness (hopefully)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I think you just did. :blushing:
  • StarvingKyy
    Options
    Let him make the first move. Don't push anything though. Let it slide. Just ask if maybe he wanted to "hang out". After "hanging out" he might want to actually ask you out on a date. ; ) *winky face*
  • StarvingKyy
    Options
    I think you just did. :blushing:

PAHAHAHAHAH ';D hooty hoo!
  • WarriorMom2012
    Options
    But what if I lose a good friend. We live 2 States apart but we're within train distance. We've spent hours talking and I'm afraid he looks at me like a good friend but not the girl for him.
  • PamelaB43
    PamelaB43 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Life is about taking a chance.. You live once so go for it :wink:
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i would say its not a good idea. im a cynic though. i liked this guy off here pretty intensely and well, it just isn't happening! it probably never will... and when i admitted my feelings.. he freaked out (my opinion) and it has been weird for me since then. bc of his reaction i would say i am feeling quite estranged from him as well and our "friendship" has suffered a bit, but who knows if he even noticed. im not one to push myself on people.

i would hint, but never admit... or at least do it when you're drunk so you can play it off as drunken n feelings.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I've told you that I love you in a strictly platonic way. How many times do I have to tell you I don't bat for that team, but if I did you'd be my first choice?! I can't believe you took this public.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I've told you that I love you in a strictly platonic way. How many times do I have to tell you I don't bat for that team, but if I did you'd be my first choice?! I can't believe you took this public.

judging by your choice of foto you might be into going that way...
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

judging by your choice of foto you might be into going that way...

Yes, I can see how a dog with his head up a dogs *kitten* would make me a lesbian. That's logical.
  • warmachinejt
    Options
    try to cam with him? and try to get comfortable first. I'm very shy with a girl i like too so i know how you must be feeling.