resistance bands too long

Options
kiku76
kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
This may be a stupid question, but will I sacrifice form if I wrap it around my hand and hold the band instead of the handle? I bought the bands for hubby to use with p90x but I would like to use them too. Apparently I'm kinda short :(

Replies

• InfinitePoss
    InfinitePoss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am doing Power 90 and using resistance bands. I am a bigger guy and I will often just pull on the band to increase the resistance level and for the sake of speed when I am doing the work out.

Also, I am not sure which restistance bands you have but I use Bodylastics and they were kind enough to send me a link to a video which discusses how to use the bands and make adjustments based on you height. I have listed the web address below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?playnext=1&index=0&feature=&v=GPzHoCJF7j0&list=PLE4C9B905BAB1F626
  • kiku76
    Options
    mine are bodylastics as well. THanks for that link it was helpful.
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You can also make a loop in the band sometimes, depending on the exercise
  • kiku76
    Options
    i wrapped it around my hand today but I ended up with redness between my thumb and finger (where the band hit). It's not exceptionally painful, but I can imagine it could hurt over time. The band kind of pulls on my skin when I wrap it around my hand
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    bump for later