TUMMY FAT!

Options
What are some of the best ways to get rid of that terrible belly fat!

Replies

• jasonthekidd
    Options
    I'm still looking for my six pack but I read somewhere that the belly is the first thing to go!
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce. Genetics determine where you store fat. All you can do is reduce calorie intake and increase calorie use.
  • Alyssabearrr
    Options
    my tummy is basically where all my fat is right now, and in my hips.
    i need to lose it and get TONED
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    The belly is the LAST thing to go unfortunately! You can do sit ups, crunches, ect. all day long and it will not make a difference unless you are burning fat! There is no such thing as spot training. You unfortunately cannot target just your abs. The crunches will build muscle and help to burn fat but you have to do circuit training type work out incorporating cardio. Shorter bursts of intense cardio and weight training (even using your own weight) are what works. Interval training. Good Luck!
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Here is an awesome thread I was just reading about this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/564890-before-after-belly-pics
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    The belly is the LAST thing to go unfortunately! You can do sit ups, crunches, ect. all day long and it will not make a difference unless you are burning fat! There is no such thing as spot training. You unfortunately cannot target just your abs. The crunches will build muscle and help to burn fat but you have to do circuit training type work out incorporating cardio. Shorter bursts of intense cardio and weight training (even using your own weight) are what works. Interval training. Good Luck!

Yep, totally agree. Plus eating good clean food helps a ton as well. I was pretty much skinny everywhere before I really started to look leaner in my tummy. It was literally the last 5-10lbs when I finally started to get a really flat stomach. I had collarbones showing and still had belly fat. And the belly fat left slooooowly and from the top down. I'm still working on the lower tummy area but I can at least say I'm seeing a bit of a 2-pack these days. Not sure the full 6 pack is in my genes but I'll keep trying for it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It's genetics. It takes a lot of time and patience to get it to go away.
  • Alyssabearrr
    Options
    my belly WONT GO AWAY! my boobs are tho, poop..
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jojeh2011
    jojeh2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    not much unfortunately :(

I heard that you lose weight first on the area where you gained it last. It actually makes sense if you think about it...

I carried alot of excess weight on my midsection, and that was the first to go! I now have a waist!!

Like others said, you cannot spot reduce. Just work on losing weight overall, and eventually... slowly but surely, the inches around your waist will begin to decrease. good luck!
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Doing crunches all day will NOT help because I'm pretty sure the belly fat you guys are all referring to is lower belly fat, right? You need to do cardio and make sure to eat correctly. It would be ideal to eliminate ALL carbs in your diet and stick to one cheat day, but I know that's hard for a lot of us (including myself). The reason being is that your body breaks down the food groups in this order: carbs, fats, proteins. If you eat too many carbs, the rest will be broken down into sugars and stored as fat...predominantly in out lower bellies! :( That being said, you should try to maintain a high protein diet because your muscles need it to build more muscles, and thus eliminate the fat. Therefore, eating fats actually is good (in moderation of course) because that is what your body should break down to use for energy while keeping up your same levels of protein to help you get leaner and toned. Make sure to also drink lots of water and squeeze in weight training days on the days you don't do cardio. I hear that bike riding is a really good form of cardio for losing belly fat.

So remember, less carbs, more protein, cardio, and water!