any band geeks? ;)

Options
my name is mari and i play the flute/piccolo :) what do you play?

Replies

• courtcourtfnp
    courtcourtfnp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am a past band geek. I haven't played in about in about 6 years but I used to play the flute & was in Colorguard.
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm a band director, which means I"m a band geek for life!
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Former band geek. I'm a brass instruments girl :) (mainly doing trumpet today)
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I use to play the trumpet and clarinet
  • Usakoneko
    Usakoneko Posts: 21
    Options
    Former (sadly) band geek. No instrument other than my flag, though, as I was in Color Guard. Miss it so much!!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Past band geek also Brass was my specialty {Tuba; Sousaphone; Trumpet; Trombone} you get the point, I was full of air.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Former french horn! Played for 9 years, really miss it sometimes :(
  • stacymay13
    stacymay13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I played flute/piccolo too :happy:

Oh and percussion for marching band lol
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I miss my trumpet I played that bad boy for 7 yrs
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm a band director, which means I"m a band geek for life!

Like Ms. Cory, I too am a Band Corrector... I have just been a band geek a bit longer than she has though :wink:

When I was in Band I started on the baritone, then moved to tuba... that was my major instrument. As a band director of course I have a rudimentary knowledge of all the major band instruments... All are important ... (yes, even the dummers are important).... --- just kidding guys... you really are the heartbeat of the band....
  • pollypocket27
    Options
    I was in concert band 8 years, jazz band 4 years, pepband 6 years, marching band 6 years, and was the field commander for 4 years. I play sax., barry sax., tennor, clarinet, bass clarinet, flute, piano, drums, and anything in the pit and a little trumpet.
  • countsenseless
    countsenseless Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    OMG i never would have thought. lol past band nerd 1 year ago. im a percussionist. prefer the marimba but i have a love for marching snare.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Former music teacher, and oboe player...just got home from orchestra rehearsal...play in bands sometimes.
  • twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Haven't played much since High School.

Flute / Oboe / Mallet Percussion / Cello
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I used to play the baritone. And I was a majorette during marching season. (oh, to be that thin again)
  • letswalk
    letswalk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Former band geek. I play the clarinet in high school (officially). I also played (unofficially) flute, sax, and about 5 notes on a trumpet! LoL! I was also captain of our flag squad (Color guard) and LOVED that as well! Yup. Die hard band geek here! :)
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    used to play clarinet. can still play some guitar(not exactly the same but o well)
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Played the Alto/Baritone Saxophones for 8 years! Was Low Brass Section Leader my last 2 years of High School!

I left it behind when I started college (Human Resources Major), but my boyfriend is a Recording major who's 1st Chair Classical Bass in his university's orchestra, and plays electric bass in two bands!
  • angelpie36426
    angelpie36426 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Former choir geek (attending a Music Makers reunion next month) and mother of a band geek! It's in the genes!!!!:laugh:
  • heymari
    heymari Posts: 36
    Options
    band geeks for life <3