Calories vs carbs and sugars

Options
Hi guys,

This is pretty similar to what other people have been posting, so I'm sorry for the repetition, I just haven't found the answer I wanted in the other posts!! :indifferent:

In trying to eat my daily calories I really struggle because I will go over on carbs or sugars so fast, and find it so hard to find foods that have the calories but not the carbs or sugars!! I think the problem is that I'm probably not eating enough protein, but I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem, and what you would suggest? I guess it's the calories that are the most important thing, and ALL my sugars are coming from natural sources like honey and fruit.

Thanks for you help!

Replies

• delightedin
    Options
    Hi guys,

This is pretty similar to what other people have been posting, so I'm sorry for the repetition, I just haven't found the answer I wanted in the other posts!! :indifferent:

In trying to eat my daily calories I really struggle because I will go over on carbs or sugars so fast, and find it so hard to find foods that have the calories but not the carbs or sugars!! I think the problem is that I'm probably not eating enough protein, but I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem, and what you would suggest? I guess it's the calories that are the most important thing, and ALL my sugars are coming from natural sources like honey and fruit.

Thanks for you help!
  • DaniUSA
    Options
    The best and healthy source of protein I think of is fish. so save calories it should be a fish with less fat.

For example: Tilefish 100g: cal 96 carbs 0 fat 2 protein 18
    And 100g isnt to much.

Also whole eggs. about 65cal 0 4 protein 6

Or trink milk.

I like to eat fish very very much, so I dont have to many probs with that.

Dani
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any refined sugar, and hardly ever sweeten anything (even with honey or agave) and I always go over on my sugars. I stopped watching them.

It does sound like you could use more protein. I reset my percentages (set goals "custom") to 25% protein, 20% fat and 55% carbs. This works for me, but might not work for you. Some people need more protein than that.

Protein is your friend! You'll stay fuller longer, and have slow-burn energy to build muscle.

I find if I don't include fruit in my diet, I crave bad carbs and sugars.

The nutrients I watch are: sat fat, protein and fibre.

I hope that helps? Any stuff I didn't answer?:flowerforyou:
  • delightedin
    Options
    Thanks guys, both those suggestions are very helpful!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Stevia ia a natural sweetener and it has no calries. However, it is very sweet so you need to use it wisely.

dd