Is anyone doing the Atkins Diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• MalayaBanks
    Options
    How much do i lose in 4 weeks on Atkin Diet?
  • MalayaBanks
    Options
    Hey hello Im Malaya.... HOw is the diet going for you? I plan on starting this diet but need helps and tips..
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Nononono.gif
  • mom2bella
    mom2bella Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of Atkins and I've lost 10lbs. I did Atkins about 8 years ago before I had my daughter and lost 100lbs in a year with excercise but I was ver strict and motivated. Now having a child it's much harder but I am determined!
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Going in to the ketosis lifestyle ... wanting to lose 80-100 pounds by my June wedding ... lost 8 in 3 days since starting ... love love love me some like minded friends
  • widetobride
    widetobride Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow- 100lb? That is amazing!! No wonder you are back on it, and doing so well!! I lost 3stone on it a few years ago. Now I go running, so my carb intake has gone up and up. I recently read an article on the myths about carb loading, and I am trying Atkins again xxx
  • widetobride
    widetobride Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of Atkins and I've lost 10lbs. I did Atkins about 8 years ago before I had my daughter and lost 100lbs in a year with excercise but I was ver strict and motivated. Now having a child it's much harder but I am determined!

Wow- 100lb? That is amazing!! No wonder you are back on it, and doing so well!! I lost 3stone on it a few years ago. Now I go running, so my carb intake has gone up and up. I recently read an article on the myths about carb loading, and I am trying Atkins again xxx
  • cybersooner
    cybersooner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did the Atkins diet last summer for about 6 weeks. I lost 17 lbs with no exercise but I found it just to limiting and I wasn't happy so I didn't stick with it. I got a Fitbit Flex this in June and I've lost 20 lbs by just walking and watching my calories. I find this is much easier to stick to and I feel much better than when I was on Atkins. Atkins does work it just isn't the diet for me.
  • louisefranks
    louisefranks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've done it a long time ago but I think it's since been revamped - I did lose well on it though but found the very very low carb just wasn't sustainable. Now, I'm prediabetic and have to watch the carbs. so I eat a lower carb higher fat diet (about 60-120g carbs a day - usually more like 60).
  • mom2bella
    mom2bella Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I gained almost all of it back when I got pregnant and then it's just been piliing on. I'm hoping to be able to do it again and keep it off this time!