If you had 4 hours a day to work out, what would you do?

Options
124»

Replies

• iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I think people are getting too hung up on the word "workout". I think she is really looking for active activities. If I had four hours a day to "be active" my head would explode.

How does you shoulder hold up with rock climbing?

Check out Geocaching: www.geocaching.com. There's also an App for most phones and tablet platorms. If you're in an urban area I bet you go by hundreds doing your other activities. You can make it hard, or as easy as you want.

Soccer, Disc Golf, Real Golf.

That's all I have in addition to everyone elses suggestions. As you might imagine, I'd spend the majority of my time outside. Maybe 3 hours a week in the actual weight room during an actual "workout"
  • leykisgirl
    Options
    I would go cycling, rollerblading go for walks.
  • triciajwalden
    triciajwalden Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Back to back spin classes, weights, then yoga.

It's a pipe dream, though, I can't remember the last time I had two free hours, much less four.
  • cuddlegrl
    cuddlegrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I would go geocaching for 2 hours or so (hiking, walking, biking, whatever...just have to find those caches!) probably twice a week, three times if I could be bothered to go further to find stuff. I would also go kayaking for an hour or two maybe three times a week (although I would probably choose sailing over kayaking but you didn't mention that). I would go to the gym 90 minutes 3-4 times a week and just do what took my fancy, then maybe follow it up with a 30 minute swim. I would also play a couple of games of tennis with friends and maybe shoot some hoops and do basketball, whatever my friends wanted to do.

This sounds fun! So does sailing. I learned when I was little. My dad was a sailor. But I don't have access to a sail boat anymore. I love kayaking because it gets me out on the water. LOVE the water!!
  • cuddlegrl
    Options
    Also I don't know what you're all getting so uppity about doing four hours of exercise for - she's not talking about doing 4 hours at the gym solid. I easily do about 2 hours of 'exercise' every day (with no rest days) and I don't have a lot of spare time, just walking around and maybe playing a game or something. Think about what you used to do in your summers - softball, walking, running around, getting messy, whatever - I bet some days it easily went over 4 hours.
    Thank you
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    What I would do: Work out for 1 hour, followed by a 3 hour nap.

this !

yep
  • cuddlegrl
    Options
    I think people are getting too hung up on the word "workout". I think she is really looking for active activities. If I had four hours a day to "be active" my head would explode.

How does you shoulder hold up with rock climbing?

Check out Geocaching: www.geocaching.com. There's also an App for most phones and tablet platorms. If you're in an urban area I bet you go by hundreds doing your other activities. You can make it hard, or as easy as you want.

Soccer, Disc Golf, Real Golf.

That's all I have in addition to everyone elses suggestions. As you might imagine, I'd spend the majority of my time outside. Maybe 3 hours a week in the actual weight room during an actual "workout"

Correct- I probably should have worded this differently :/

I'll check out geocaching :) I've heard of it and that it can be fun :)

Rockclimbing!?!? I WISH!!! I think that would be great but I know I'd spend weeks recovering. I'm still paying the price for trying the back stroke last week. :( the pain is worse when I reach over my head for stuff. If I ever fully get better Ill be all over rockclimbing!!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't spend more than 2 hours working out. I'd get some extra sleep or work on a hobby. I would go for short hikes on some days (that would use up the 4 hours).