When to measure food?

Options
Hi. Should we measure our food (e.g. rice) cooked or uncooked? Thanks. I just cooked 100gr brown rice (my diet says 115g), but its tons! Thanks

Replies

• emylianasmommy
    Options
    Morning, I always weigh my meat uncooked. dbl check on the package cuz usually it will tell you how much cooked and cooked your serving is.ex. on a pasta box it will say for one serving so much grams for "dry" pasta.
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi. Should we measure our food (e.g. rice) cooked or uncooked? Thanks. I just cooked 100gr brown rice (my diet says 115g), but its tons! Thanks

Follow what you scan on the label. It should say 100g brown rice uncooked normally. 1/2 cup of uncooked rice is usually 1 cup of cooked rice. 2/3 cup uncooked is 100g. What do you mean you diet says 115g?
  • nanapapaof5
    nanapapaof5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Rice, pasta are done before where cooked. And I believe so is the meat. But read the labels. Good luck
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks. the diet I'm trying to follow, says 115gr of brown rice as part of my lunch today. I figured that was measured raw, but its an awful lot, to eat together with a chicken salad and some yogurt... :-)
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks. the diet I'm trying to follow, says 115gr of brown rice as part of my lunch today. I figured that was measured raw, but its an awful lot, to eat together with a chicken salad and some yogurt... :-)

That sounds like my diet when I was in season for hockey because your CHO/PRO/FAT ratio is similar to what I would eat. What kind of diet are you following if you don't mind me asking?
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Its the 17 Day Diet, but I didn't do so well in the first 17 Days. But despite that I have today moved onto the next 17 Days, as its added carbs. I think that will work much better for me. I felt like I was starving the first 17 Days and therefore kept snacking on the wrong things. But I still lost 1.2kg :-)