Hello! im a gamer

Yeah so like I played games most of my life to kind of escape reality but because of that I didn't work out or even really know how to. I mean it's not the video games fault its my fault for never being taught or looking into it. How ever I made a goal this year. I was 250 pounds on new years and started getting into shape. I am now 220 pounds and still working out. Today I just hiked for a bit and felt great. It was hard work to get even this active, if I could give my fellow over weight friends advice its, for the first month dont even work out just focus on what you eat and drink that means the first week take out soda, stop cooking food with fatty unhealthy oils. Do some research for you on what is healthy to eat or low on cals. cal counting has really helped me as well. I am trying to get in shape because my husband is deployed and I will be seeing him next month on the 28th, this site was very helpful and said to reach my goal at a healthy rate I should be able to lose 10lb by the 24th, which I agree. Very encouraging and hope to make more friends here :)

Replies

• vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Hello! I just started this week so I don't have many friends and just thought I'd say hi. It sounds like I'm trying to do the same as you - changing what you put in and getting used to that before adding serious workouts to the equation. It really is a lifestyle... anyway, feel free to add me :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I play a lot of games, too. I just cannot get enough of Battlefield 2 (yes, it's very old now!). Thing is, when I play, I don't eat. Win!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Hello! Please check out our super fantastical group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3566-the-geek-squid

We're waiting for you :)
  • evilstarburst
    evilstarburst Posts: 45 Member
    thank you very much Vanessa, I shall add you as a friends, its always good to have other friends with the same goals to keep you motivated :D good luck on your goal
  • evilstarburst
    I play a lot of games, too. I just cannot get enough of Battlefield 2 (yes, it's very old now!). Thing is, when I play, I don't eat. Win!
    lol yeah I have b3 on my pc played it for a bit, im quite addicted to league of legends or was for a while. still play every now and than.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Hello fellow gamer and welcome.

Check out the Geek Squid group and our group for GAMERS!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/36-mfp-gamers
  • hI.
    I weigh 240. And im only 14 years old.
    I also like to play games and Im just plain lazy!
    I do need other people to encourge me to work out and keep to myfitnesspal.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Years ago, I became fascinated with MMORPG's. I haven't played them for years now but Everquest, SWG (I know...I'm archaic) and WOW were eating a ton of my free time.

I promised myself I would not get back into that habit.

In retrospect, if I had a PC for gaming that could only be powered by pedal-power, I would have reached my fitness and weight loss goals a long time ago!

:bigsmile:
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 285 Member
    Hello fellow Gamer,

Been playing games my whole life from D&D to Sims to MMO and struggled with yo-yo weight gain and loss and finally found a balance. You're starting off right by beginning a basic cleanse and getting active. Slowly ramp it up and create a proper diet, goals and an exercise regime and you'll be on your way.

I also found that my XBox Kinect is great for exercise and with the games there is starting to get enough variety to mix it up and get a good workout at least 5 days a week. This way, you don't have to give up gaming and still lose weight.
  • Grimlock69
    Grimlock69 Posts: 197
    Gamer for life.
  • evilstarburst
    Years ago, I became fascinated with MMORPG's. I haven't played them for years now but Everquest, SWG (I know...I'm archaic) and WOW were eating a ton of my free time.

I promised myself I would not get back into that habit.

In retrospect, if I had a PC for gaming that could only be powered by pedal-power, I would have reached my fitness and weight loss goals a long time ago!

:bigsmile:
    haha yeah that would be a great work out I would be so fit by now haha
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Always good to see other gamers on this site. I'm an RPG kind of girl myself.

Keep it up on your weight loss!
  • evilstarburst
    Hello fellow Gamer,

Been playing games my whole life from D&D to Sims to MMO and struggled with yo-yo weight gain and loss and finally found a balance. You're starting off right by beginning a basic cleanse and getting active. Slowly ramp it up and create a proper diet, goals and an exercise regime and you'll be on your way.

I also found that my XBox Kinect is great for exercise and with the games there is starting to get enough variety to mix it up and get a good workout at least 5 days a week. This way, you don't have to give up gaming and still lose weight.

Yes I agree I have also found a balance I still play some games just don't let it control my life I was playing games 10+ hours a day. I also have some really fun kinect games and enjoy playing zumba as well :) I work out every day mon-fri go out with friends on the weekend. Some days I am so active I don't have time to play my favorite games :( like league of legends. That's ok though, at least I have more energy and I am making progress! :) I posted up some before and after pictures.
  • evilstarburst
    Always good to see other gamers on this site. I'm an RPG kind of girl myself.

Keep it up on your weight loss!
    thank you! ^_^
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Been gaming since Atari and ColecoVision! Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 285 Member
    Hello fellow Gamer,

Yes I agree I have also found a balance I still play some games just don't let it control my life I was playing games 10+ hours a day. I also have some really fun kinect games and enjoy playing zumba as well :) I work out every day mon-fri go out with friends on the weekend. Some days I am so active I don't have time to play my favorite games :( like league of legends. That's ok though, at least I have more energy and I am making progress! :) I posted up some before and after pictures.

You're doing great. Zumba is fun. I also have dance central, Your Fitness Evolved 2010, UFC, and believe it or not the Star Wars Kinect (Even though Morgan at G4 says it 'sucks') it actually is really physically fun) Though, I still make time for Fable and Elder Scrolls.
  • evilstarburst
    Hello fellow Gamer,

You're doing great. Zumba is fun. I also have dance central, Your Fitness Evolved 2010, UFC, and believe it or not the Star Wars Kinect (Even though Morgan at G4 says it 'sucks') it actually is really physically fun) Though, I still make time for Fable and Elder Scrolls.
    stars wars on kinect is pretty active? I will have to check that out
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    hi

Been a gamer since I got my first computer...a vic20!! lol god I am old, now play lots of COD, skyrim etc xbox 360.

martyx
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    star wars kinect is active...got it for our sons 10th b'day on monday and he loves it.

martyx
  • evilstarburst
    star wars kinect is active...got it for our sons 10th b'day on monday and he loves it.

martyx

cool!! i will check it out..

btw how do I add my ticker to my signature? been looking for it haha