Tips for adding more vegtables to the diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Juice some veggies. My favorite juice includes two cups fresh spinach, four carrots, an eighth of a fennel bulb handful of parsley, a cucumber and an apple. That is enough for two people and is delicious and healthy. I was juicing a lot more than I do now but need to do this at least once a day for a good boost of vegatables.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    grocery stores have those individual sized steamers... they are so great for on the go!
  • Alice_Liddell
    Options
    Baby food. Mix a little pureed carrots or sweet potatoes into pasta sauce or chili (or even taco meat), or use it to replace egg in a meatloaf. The other flavors mask the baby food most times, and you're still getting extra vegetables.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I HATE Vegetables. I did a 10 day reboot after watching the Documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" It truly changed my life. I have now discovered new vegetables that I now like, like Mushrooms, Jicama, Squash etc.

Because I am not a fan of veggies and I too get tired of eat salads, I try to add vegetables into my smoothies, I try and juice a couple times a day as well (Green Lemonade is my favorite: Kale, Spinach, Cucumber, Celery, Lemon and Apple) and I add canned pumpkin (Libby's 100% pumpkin Puree) into Chili and Spaghetti Sauces, it adds in much needed vitamins and fiber and it doesn't change the taste of the food itself.

Good Luck!