Weight stand still

Options
I have been doing my diet now since Jan 12 so coming up to 4 month's, i am doing workouts as well 5 times a week for 1.30 hours. the last 3 weeks i have lost 0lbs and it is so frustrating i am not doing any thing different apart from i changed my workout as the other one was causeing me to gain muscle and i didnt want that so a new work out which is very intense but makes the heart rate rise, my eating is still the same following the weight wtachers food etc.

Can any one help of give any ideas to what else i can do i only need to drop another 8lbs to reach my two stone weight loss goal and i only have until June 7th 2012 as that is when i am getting my wedding dress fitting.

Replies

• SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi - yes, I'm in a similar position. http://www.fat2fitradio.com suggests that you change your eating and exercise routine as your body has become familiar to your habits. They suggest eating more often, but smaller portions and increasing your protein intake / decreasing carbs. A lot of MFP people on these forums suggest this site and I have to say it does look good. Hope this helps - best of luck!
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    Looks like you have changed up your exercise - try increasing your calories for a couple of days. I find when I hit a stall (I hit an amazing 6 week one earlier this year!) if I add in calories (not bad ones - healthy ones!) it jumped my weightloss. For me, I added in an extra protein meal for 3 days (basically, I added a piece of chicken, hard boiled egg, or small bowl of chili) and lost weight again. My body was holding everything in, and just needed more calories to come out of holding mode. I also increased my water for those days. I am about to do it again, starting Saturday, because I'm stalled again. This time though, I am adding a protein shake in during the day - I dont want too many calories, but I really need the protein, as my muscles are crying for it lately!!

:smile: Good luck!!
  • yabbo24497
    yabbo24497 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I get into this slump every few weeks. I change the way I eat as well as changing my workout routines. For example, last week my lunches were spring mix salad, shredded parmesean cheese, homemade lemon vinegarette, and a whole sliced pear. This week, I packed baby spinach for the salad, still the same parmesean cheese, a lime basil dressing, and a whole sliced granny smith apple. There are healthy carbs that you need in both of the salads. I stay away from bread for the most part. I have an egg white sandwich on flat bread every morning. Weight watchers tells you to eat like a king in the morning, a prince in the afternoon, and a pauper in the evening. I try to follow that with my calorie intake, but again changing the type of food I'm eating. And you need to make sure you're eating enough for your activity level. Protein is very important as well as fiber. Now for the workouts, you can work the same muscles in different ways. Instead of ball squats for a few weeks, I'll do leg press. Instead of back extensions, i'm doing (and I love these) romanian dead lifts. Most of my workout, if not all of it is used with free weights and my own body weight. For a bunch of different exercises and meal suggestions go to www.abc.com/revolution. I found a lot of information for both my diet and my workout from that show. Too bad they're cancelling it :( Also, and this is very important....don't get discouraged. You may not be seeing weight loss, but you should measure yourself. I've been working out hard and changed my diet in the beginning of November and only lost 13 lbs, but I've lost inches. In the past 4 months alone I went down 4 dress sizes and lost inches.