Lap Swimming

Options
2»

Replies

• frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I race people who are in the lanes next to me (they don't even know i'm doing it) but whenever i 'win' i have a little victory dance :)
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    Swimming is a moving meditation for me. So I try to focus on breathing and which lap I'm on. This way, I can quiet the monkey mind. I'm always surprised when my time is up.
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    put alligators in the water

^^ this would work a treat!

hell yea it would work...youd swim your *kitten* off
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    try setting up a "swim workout" that way you're not just going back and forth doing regular laps.

I use www.swimplan.com...it will explain the excercises to you, gives you drills, and sprints. You can set up the plan for any swim level, and specify what type of swim (ie, freestyle, butterfly) if you need to.

I also always go with a friend so that we can push eachother and chat between each set .
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Check your area for a Masters swim program. They have coaches that put you through various lap swimming workouts, and contrary to the name, you don't have to be a Master at swimming.

http://www.usms.org/

This was going to be my suggestion.

Or do different workouts like sprints and drills instead of a steady pace workout.
  • Miss_Carls
    Options
    I race people who are in the lanes next to me (they don't even know i'm doing it) but whenever i 'win' i have a little victory dance :)

i do this too haha, love it!