Thoughts on "Cheat Day"

Options
1235»

Replies

• JohnnysJune
    Options
    I have a cheat meal once a week. 1. It helps me to stay on track & 2. I dont feel deprived of foods I love.
    The number one thing people do wrong is to completely cut out everything they are use to eating because its not healthy for them. I refuse to do that because in the end I wont stick to a DIET. Im not on a diet, but a life style change. Its working for me. I lose about 1 lb a week. I eat healthy all week and work out 45 minutes a day 5-6 days a week.

Its all on how you do a cheat meal. The key is to never go over board!

Good luck in you mission!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a treat here and there, but it still has to fit into my daily calorie intake.

So, if I don't have enough calories left, I will work out to make up the difference. If I don't want to work out, I don't get the treat. It's a good way to keep yourself accountable while still allowing yourself a little bit of slack.

This is pretty much what I do. So it really isn't "cheating", but indulging in items you would not normally eat but you account for them in the overall plan. At least that is how I see it. Like someone else said, if I think about it enough, I often come to the conclusion that I really don't want it.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    the more cheat days you have the slower you will reach your goals... i dont plan out cheat days, i just have them if im going to a birthday, bbq, partying, etc. when i dont want to be a prick about my dieting goals in a social setting and get tons of questions on why i eat or drink like a little girl.
  • ahipsher
    ahipsher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have my "Friday Night Chinese" every week.
    But my boyfriend and I split the carry out entree and the steamed dumplings.

Still a pretty substantial meal, but I look forward to it after a draining week of university life, and I still exercise those days.
    Holidays I also don't bother logging. I'm not going CRAZY, but most of the meals are home made and hard to log, and I've been doing this for so long that I have a pretty good idea of the calorie and sugar content of meals now.

Have managed to keep 50lbs the last year.
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    your straight if you burn more in the gym hun! I just grubbed a Dunkin Honey Raisin Muffin...and it was YUM!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Have one weekly rarely I will have two. Love them. I have noticed does not make much of a difference. Really I don't go hog wild on my cheat day.
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the concept.

Calories in, calories out.

If I go eat a 1,000 calories burrito and another 1,600 calories in misc eating but go to the gym for 2 hours and burn off 1,000 calories I am still going to be within my calorie guidelines.

Going to get the calories one way or another, be it in several snacks or a burrito.
    Sure it might have more fat but its going to be negligible.