Should I log this?

scamburi
scamburi Posts: 8 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I work part time in a department store. I do various things such as running a cash register and putting up returns. Some nights I am all over the store, putting up sale signs, helping customers in different departments, or just walking all over the store putting clothes in their proper places and straightening. None the less, I am constantly moving for however long my shift is. I have my daily exercise level set as sedentary since I do not work everyday, I usually work 3 to 5 days a week anywhere from 4 to 6 hours at a time. I know I'm burning more calories when I work, so my question is, should I try to log days that I work, and if so, how would I do this?

Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    I would change my activity level to lightly active at the least, this is not a sedentary life even part time.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    I am a grocery manager and I am in the debate whether to be slightly active or the next one up. I am constantly back and forth across our store... definately not sedentary!
  • lmnr
    lmnr Posts: 11
    I'm a housewife and I'm constantly on the go, popping to the shops, doing this and that!! I wear a pedometer and put in the calories burned at the end of the day, I would guess you burn a lot more than me, I also eat most of my 'excercise calories' and I lose weight every month, so go buy a pedometer, you will be amazed at what your burning. :flowerforyou:
  • scamburi
    scamburi Posts: 8 Member
    thanks everybody. i will definitely look into getting a pedometer. it would be interesting to see how much i walk when i'm at work.
This discussion has been closed.