pouch belly

sean93
sean93 Posts: 109
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
does anyone know how i can beat this?
incase you don;t know, a puch belly is where your belly is saggy and sticks out at the bottom. i have over 20lbs left to lose and i am doin cardio and eating correctly and have seen tiny changes over the months but nothing huge. i do jog but have only found that my waist size has got smaller and that my t-shirt size is still the same and still fits near enough the same

any ideas or thoughts?
thanks

Replies

• leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    step up your jogging to running, try the couch to 5k program. Running is the best way to lose fat, although if it is just skin sagging there is not much to do about that. You can work on your abs but the excess skin will only go away with a tummy tuck.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Yep, I agree with leann.....the excess skin *might* go back but for most people, it just hangs there (aww, sorry). You can't really target a specific area either....your body loses where it wants to lose (and belly fat is usually the last to go).

I run and yes, the fat just melts away. I've only lost 15lbs, but I have trimmed up ALOT. Running is where I burn most of my calories, too. I started out walking/jogging and stepped it up to jogging/running with the couch to 5k program (now I'm using the smart coach trainer on runnersworld.com).

Good luck to you!!
  • dporter1183
    dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
    I have the same thing! don't feel alone.

I am pushing a my baby in the stroller everyday for about 20-30 min. and doing crunches after my walk. (Hopefully i'll have the stamina to run soon!) No good progress to report yet because I have just started, but trying to keep my head up! I wish you luck with your pouch belly!:tongue:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    lol anyone know if its even possible to lose the pooch belly completely?...i think the thought of never being able to lose it upsets me more than the stretch marks or as my friend calls them labor of love marks from having my children lol....but anyways....are there any success stories that were able to get rid of it?
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Sorry but this is mostly the truth. Running is an awesome thing for fat burn. But it also redistributes the fat you have. Your body will pull the fat you have in tighter, so even while still having the fat you will look tighter. Your body can only use the fat that is close to the blood vessels for energy, so when you start training hard at running, your body will pull the fat supply in tighter to the blood vessels for emergency energy.

Eventually, with proper nutrition and exercise, the excess skin will tighten up. You just have to keep at it.

Oh yeah, I'm not a skinny person telling you this, I am someone that has had a pouch belly for 30 years and now I AM DONE WITH IT. Let's pop the last of our pouches together!!!
This discussion has been closed.