Looking for some good at home exercises

Options
Hey yall...Me and my fiance our both on our journey to lose 80-100lbs each, im able to do pretty much everything but i'm going to start with walking and on demand jillian michaels workouts..But my fiance he's a type 2 diabetic with diabetic neuropathy in his feet, if you dont know what that is its that his diabities has progessed and worsened and its basically killing the nerves in his feet. It's painful for him to walk or stand for long periods..So would anyone have any suggestions of things he could do besides walking some? We were also going to try tai chi too..Of course we are doing this all at home with the help of on demand from the cable company. Thanks yall so much

Sarah

Replies

• thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting, swimming, heck dancing -- while seated. He may need to adapt his workouts, but the point is to get moving in the ways that he can.

Try selecting ab workouts -- or workouts that feature an excercise ball.

Best luck !
  • Jennd3098
    Jennd3098 Posts: 30
    Options
    Beachbody has a lot of great at home programs...P90X, Chalean Extreme, Turbo Jam, Tai Cheng (tai chi) and many more!!
    Let me know if you have any questions and I"d be happy to help! We also have a fb group of people doing various Beachbody programs and its all about motivation and support! Good stuff!!!
  • GSCPostBaby
    GSCPostBaby Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Also, many resistance band exercises can be performed in a seated position.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i'm getting a great workout using a medicine ball and various exercises from youtube.