Forks over knives

Options
2»

Replies

• chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    8kidsmom, I have to agree with you on the way the meat and dairy is processed. I think that makes a hugh difference! I think that's why it is not good for us. Too many additives, hormones, and crud is put into the animals AND THEN even after that they add more when processing it! I also can't go vegan BUT I thought it was a good documentary and I can limited the amount I eat. :)
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the movie but I am a meatatarian and always will be. I don't like the sound that veggies make when they are ripped from the ground. (lol)
  • atx7
    atx7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I find it funny that people take diet advice from media that's meant to entertain you.

The internet is a medium that's meant to entertain you. So what are you doing here?
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    Saw it. Wasn't impressed. Did they get healthier because they gave up meat or because they gave up processed toxic foods?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Everything has a point of view. I haven't watched this one yet, but I've watched other similar things.

Just because a movie or book has a point of view, doesn't mean that point of view is not valid. I think with the huge amount of these types of documentaries coming out, there's probably more to it than you think.

You can start with Fast Food Nation, and work your way through the plethora of them all, and then you can make up your own mind if it's sensationalism or not.

To me, it's NOT propoganda, but quite the opposite. It's more grass roots awareness by people that have done their research and are passionate about the topic. Of course, someone that is really into being vegan or vegetarian, or any other variant, is not going to promote meat and dairy. And, those that are into the meat and dairy industry are not going to promote being vegan. So, it's easy to point to a movie like this and say, "It's just a bunch of whacko weirdo PETA people." But, that's just the nature of the type of people that would be passionate enough to make a documentary about it. Someo one on the fence, wouldn't make a movie about it. But, that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. Actually, I applaud these movments. I think they are slowly moving the 1st world forward.

I would like to see big farms die. That's my dream for the world. I would gladly pay more for more wholesome and healthy food.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Forks over Knives? Wimps.

Real men use Chopsticks....and they're my personal sidearm.

Well, with that said, most men who eat with chopsticks are healthy CAUSE they are eating fresh fish, rice (not white or yellow), tons of vegetables, and fruits. Not to mention all the healthy teas....... with no sugar added! LOL :)

Sometimes, I eat bacon with my chopsticks. Granted its shrimp wrapped in bacon, but still. nuff said.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I tried to watch it. Such an obvious commercial for PETA that I had to turn it off.

^^^ I agree! It was amazing how some of the animal sound effects didn't even match what the real animal sounds like and was done to create a nightmarish sound and video. I do not think I finished the video.

I still enjoy eating meat (I prefer it grilled).
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    FOK is propaganda for vegans. Like all propaganda, there are truths in it. But, there is also misleading information and biased research. Most humans were intended to eat meat as part of a well rounded diet.

I'd be interested to know what your stance is based on? I mean, exactly. Or are you just the "decider" of what human beings are "supposed" to eat? :bigsmile: :huh:
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Everything has a point of view. I haven't watched this one yet, but I've watched other similar things.

Just because a movie or book has a point of view, doesn't mean that point of view is not valid. I think with the huge amount of these types of documentaries coming out, there's probably more to it than you think.

You can start with Fast Food Nation, and work your way through the plethora of them all, and then you can make up your own mind if it's sensationalism or not.

To me, it's NOT propoganda, but quite the opposite. It's more grass roots awareness by people that have done their research and are passionate about the topic. Of course, someone that is really into being vegan or vegetarian, or any other variant, is not going to promote meat and dairy. And, those that are into the meat and dairy industry are not going to promote being vegan. So, it's easy to point to a movie like this and say, "It's just a bunch of whacko weirdo PETA people." But, that's just the nature of the type of people that would be passionate enough to make a documentary about it. Someo one on the fence, wouldn't make a movie about it. But, that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. Actually, I applaud these movments. I think they are slowly moving the 1st world forward.

I would like to see big farms die. That's my dream for the world. I would gladly pay more for more wholesome and healthy food.

This.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I find it funny that people take diet advice from media that's meant to entertain you.

The internet is a medium that's meant to entertain you. So what are you doing here?

Being entertained, I'm sure.