anyone else notice that...

Options
When you've been eating fairly clean for a week or mor and then you eat something with high fat, that your stomach is not happy with you?
I've been doing fairly well with eating until yesterday. My boyfriend brought a whole pizza over for himself and I had 4 small pieces. I woke up this morning and my stomach retaliated on me! I was super bloated and uncomfortable till you know,I had a date with the bathroom. (sorry for that grossness)

I realized what kind of crap I was feeding my body.

Replies

• oligard
    oligard Posts: 141
    Options
    yeap..i was throw up when i eat double burger!!
    i think our body learning what is good and what is bad..and refusing it
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've had a similar experiences. I tried the Dukan diet a while ago and was only eating lean meats and vegetables primarily. The day I decided that the Dukan diet is ridiculous and I should just count calories like normal people, I went out and got a gyro. (ha...great way to start counting calories, I know) I was so ill from eating the greasy gyro and fries, practically vomitting -- I still have not had another gyro since then and they used to be my guilty go-to food!
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Interesting. My diet is high (relatively speaking) in fat. It doesn't make me sick.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    When you've been eating fairly clean for a week or mor and then you eat something with high fat, that your stomach is not happy with you?
    I've been doing fairly well with eating until yesterday. My boyfriend brought a whole pizza over for himself and I had 4 small pieces. I woke up this morning and my stomach retaliated on me! I was super bloated and uncomfortable till you know,I had a date with the bathroom. (sorry for that grossness)

No, never because my idea of "eating clean" is having 40-50% of what I eat be fat. Fat is not bad for you. You can still be very healthy and eat fatty foods. It's what I do.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's the fat alone but I completely know what you mean. Once you get that junk out of your system it rejects any attempt to put it back in. That much olive oil probably wouldn't have made you sick. It's the processed food/ unhealthy fats combo that seems to do it for me.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't remember having any waste removal issues, but I don't feel well afterwards.
    I kinda love that because it completely turns me off to eating fast food and other less then wise choices
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm totally with you. When I spend a weekend at my BF parents with white flour, potatoes, regular pasta, and white rice. Also eating huge meals just twice a day (I still eat more often when I can). I feel cruddy until I get some whole grains and veggies back in me.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Very much so, peculiar phenomenon for sure!

If, for instance, I were to suddenly eat a bag of crisps after not eating them for months, they would most likely, make me feel a bit sick, because I would be able to taste every single bit of fat in them.

You end sentence there (bolded) actually sums it all up in a nutshell.
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    Sound like textbook gluten or dairy intolerance to me. What the Heck is fatty in a pizza? The cheese or olive oil. It wasn't the fat that made you sick.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yup and this is what keeps me motivated to stay on track! I have to weigh (no pun intended) the pros and cons...usually no pros lol I have to decide if the stomach pain is gonna be worth the junk food...
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My husband has been trying to eat healthier, we are talking went from burgers and fries for lunch to hard boiled eggs, tuna and a apple....so the other day he said he caved and had a bag of chips and that they literally gave him the worst stomach ache! This coming from a guy who used to live off chips! :)
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I know that if I over eat (usually on the weekends) I feel pretty crappy Mon-Tuesday. That's what I get for over eating.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sound like textbook gluten or dairy intolerance to me. What the Heck is fatty in a pizza? The cheese or olive oil. It wasn't the fat that made you sick.

^^^^^ That is what I was thinking. It wasn't the fat.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    yeap..i was throw up when i eat double burger!!
    i think our body learning what is good and what is bad..and refusing it

Actually, I have a theory, don't know whether it is feasible or not though.

IMO I think when we suddenly feel like being sick after eating something that is junk or fatty etc and that "something" was what we used to eat plenty of without any trouble before losing weight and eating sensibly - I consider that our brain is remembering what it was like before, how much the body may have struggled to maintain itself (on crap) and so suddenly starting to eat the same rubbish again, the brain does not want a repeat of it all and will make us feel nauseous to try and turn us off.

I have noticed the same sort of weirdness when a person has given up smoking cigarettes and then has one many months later, they suddenly feel like throwing up.......

It would be a good defense mechanism though, wouldn't it....
  • imsleepdeprived
    imsleepdeprived Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It good be an issue with your gallbladder - I had similar issues but didn't know why until I finally figured out it was because I had gallstones. I'm not able to digest fatty foods very well especially when consumed in larger quantities.
  • tonihayden
    Options
    Totally....i ate fried fish and potatoes and woke up in the middle of the night with diarrhea and vomiting....won't be doing that again!!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Yep! I need to be near a toilet after I eat something really crappy.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I always feel physically terrible after overeating and also after I eat foods that are obviously bad for me, particularly if they are greasy, fried or high-fat dairy - and I used to love all that stuff. >_<
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    It's the processed food/ unhealthy fats combo that seems to do it for me.

Me too :sick:
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same sort of weirdness when a person has given up smoking cigarettes and then has one many months later, they suddenly feel like throwing up.......

I quit smoking 6 weeks ago & any strong tobacco smell makes my stomach curl :sick: :ohwell: