Is this weird?....

Options
I pushed myself really hard today during my run! Had my fastest time EVER & now I don't feel hungry at all. Has this happened to you? Do you just force yourself to eat?

Replies

• niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    This has happen to me lately after my workout I'm really not hunger but I try to eat something after so I don't over eat because when you do get hunger you want to be able to control what you eat :smile:
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    I will drink a protein shake after I workout whether I am hungry or not...give my body the nutrients it is screaming for...then eat an hour later if I am hungry or not...
  • Bradleyjah
    Bradleyjah Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yep, this is common for me when I run. I usually have to force myself to eat after running. Not that I know anything about science, but I read somewhere (or maybe my MD brother told me) that there's some chemical released when you run that suppresses your appetite afterwards. Interestingly, whatever chemical is released after running is not released when you swim...which is why you are starving after a swim and/or why swimming the equivalent of your runs will often result in less weight loss over time.

Fun facts!
  • applebottomjeans11
    applebottomjeans11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yep, this is common for me when I run. I usually have to force myself to eat after running. Not that I know anything about science, but I read somewhere (or maybe my MD brother told me) that there's some chemical released when you run that suppresses your appetite afterwards. Interestingly, whatever chemical is released after running is not released when you swim...which is why you are starving after a swim and/or why swimming the equivalent of your runs will often result in less weight loss over time.

Fun facts!

Great to know! I had no idea, thank you for sharing :-)