The dreaded plataue.. ):

Options
my weight stayed the same since my last weigh in (last Wednesday). Its weird because last week I decided to switch things
Up so I added more exercise and increased cals by 50.. And now I haven't lost anything?
I thought I was staying ahead of the game by doing this? I just don't get it? I'm either eating too much or not enough?

?? I switch up my exercises all the time...so it shouldn't be that.

Should I upp my intake, decrease, or give it some
more time?

If it helps, for the past couple weeks I've been losing 1-1.3 pounds when I set it to 1/2lb per week..
Could this be what stalled my weight loss? I'm netting 1570 and workout 5-7 days with lifting 2days

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    1 Week isn't a plateau, chalk up your non loss to differences in water retention
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    ^^ I'm hoping it's just from sodium /:
    But I've went over other weeks and it never hindered my weight loss?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Trying to measure fat or weight loss in women on a week to week basis is often a futile endeavor and females may have to measure only once per month (ideally at the same point in the cycle) to get any sort of consistent or comparative measures. Women should generally pick a specific point in their cycle and make all measurements then to track changes month to month.

Another option is to measure weekly but only compare the same week of the cycle each month. So week 1 of the cycle would be compared to week 1 of the cycle a month down the road, week 2 is compared to week 2, you get the idea. What doesn’t work is comparing week 1 to week 3 because the body may be holding a ton of water during one of the weeks and not during the other making comparison impossible.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/not-losing-fat-at-20-deficit-what-should-i-do-qa.html
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks(:
  • st8trpr
    st8trpr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my weight stayed the same since my last weigh in (last Wednesday). Its weird because last week I decided to switch things
    Up so I added more exercise and increased cals by 50.. And now I haven't lost anything?
    I thought I was staying ahead of the game by doing this? I just don't get it? I'm either eating too much or not enough?

?? I switch up my exercises all the time...so it shouldn't be that.

Should I upp my intake, decrease, or give it some
    more time?

If it helps, for the past couple weeks I've been losing 1-1.3 pounds when I set it to 1/2lb per week..
    Could this be what stalled my weight loss? I'm netting 1570 and workout 5-7 days with lifting 2days
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Definitely not a plateau! I know I tend to lose my weight every 2-3 weeks. I just weigh myself every morning, and when I show a loss of more than 1/2 a pound, I log it. Typically, I will suddenly lose a pound or more, then creep back up for a week or so, then creep back down, and then go even lower. Don't sweat it! I know you are in a healthy weight range already, and it is not going to come off like clockwork. If I look back over the last 3 months, though, I have lost about 12 pounds, which adds up to 1 pound a week. Definitely did not come off linearly!!!

I weighed in at 137.4 about 2 weeks ago, then went back up, and am finally getting back to the 137s. Based on past experience, within the next few days, I predict I will drop another pound or so!