Beginning to Run/Jog

Options
I bicycle like every 2nd day for around an hour since some weeks. But I just don't feel like always doing the same cardio exercise, so I want to run. The problem is whenever I run (if it is in school or if I do in my free time) I always get bad pains while running and I 'm motivated before but then I just go like "Oh, I'll never do this, I'll just stop." And I try to push myself harder but yeah, afterwards I feel really bad and like it was hell. So I do it once in a while but then I'm not feeling like going for a run in a veeery long time because I had so much pain in my throat and stomache.
Is there any way to keep more motivated ? And I don't aim too high, I haven't been running for a long time and I'll try to run like 15 minutes to start ( In school we sometimes run 8 minutes and it seems to be okay).
Or do you know how to stop these pains, my stomach and throat feel so bad and I guess it gets worse if it is colder ( and its still quiet cold here).
And if you know any other cardio exercise that burn a lot of calories, please tell me.
Oh and if you want you can add me, my dash seems kind of death cause I restarted here.
Quiet a lot of text, sorry for that /:

Replies

• Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Try running less and building up very slowly.
    Google C25K. It may start off far too easy for you but you could find where you are able to run and build up from there.
    Alternatively, run at a pace that means you could still talk (but not sing!) for as long as you feel comfortable, walk for half of that time, and then try and run for the same length of time. Push yourself to increase your distance and time running but really concentrate on slowing down your pace to a comfortable job so you can go further
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm glad you started this. I've recently started jogging/running for the first time in my life. My problem is pain in my knees, feet and now my hip. Granted, I do have a lot of weight to lose and I know that contributes to the pain, but I want to keep it up because I love the feeling of accomplishment of working my body hard(well, harder than normal. Ha!). I don't think it's my shoes because I have great shoes as well as orthotic arch supports (plantar fasciitis sufferer). I'm thinking it may be in part to years of inactivity as well as approaching 40 (sheesh!). I don't run my complete course. I walk for a while and then job for a while. Sort of my variation on C25K. So, any advice for a newbie would be appreciated!