The skinny on CEREAL

Options
We all love a bowl of cereal every now and then, and I am looking for the best cereal's out there. I have always eaten Honey Nut Cheerio's, i know the regular ones are better but I find them so bland. ANy recipes to spice up regular Cheerios?

And other good cereals that are tasty but not full of sugar and are low in calories? :bigsmile:

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Use vanilla Almond Breeze instead of milk. It is yummy
  • weasleman42
    Options
    Kashi GoLean Crunch

Galaxy Granola

Just a couple of my favorites. Good luck!
  • CarolynD1986
    Options
    You are best to go with a granola that has oats or something. Honey Nut Cherrios are empty calories and you will find yourself to be hungry not long after breakfast. There are some great, easy recipes out there for granola, and if you add dried fruit it's awesome!

Also, if you use the Almond Breeze (which is so good by the way), you could try the unsweetened Vanilla or Original, it has less calories, however, it resembles milk a little less because it isn't as sweet.
  • angelajiniel
    angelajiniel Posts: 115
    Options
    My favorite is Kashi Cinnamon Harvest. I also like Kashi Vive and Special K with bananas or strawberries. I LOVE so add a little dark chocolate syrup to a bowl of cheerios. Just enough to turn the milk a little brown. It's soooo good. And you can't just use chocolate milk. When you put it on top of the Cheerios, it soaks into some and stays even after you mix it in, so you get a little extra explosion of flavor once in a while. (My dad started me on this when I was a toddler!)

Okay, off my soapbox. I think I have an addiction to chocolate :)
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    fiber one honey crunch (filling and delicious)
    special k
    all bran flakes
    I love oatmeal too, like hot cereal! lol
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I like

total raisin bran
    Chex strawberry, cinn. or chocolate
    frosted mini-wheats (decent bowl for 180- cals)
  • fanta014
    fanta014 Posts: 56
    Options
    I usually have my Cereal with some low-fat yoghurt, that spices it up a bit :smile: Currently my fave cereals are Rainbow Kauratyynyt (Google them if you wanna, great cereals made of oat) and my fave yoghurt to go with that is banana.

Sometimes I have my cereal with milk and some fruit or berries, that's delicious as well. Also jams work, but they're usually full of added sugar.. so I tend to skip jams.
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    All bran with yogurt bites is good