PISSED - and need to vent.

Options
rchupka87
rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
Does anyone else have that ONE friend that thinks the entire universe revolves around them? Well I do, and It is seriously begininning to piss me off. She has always been like this, but it has gotten 100 times worse since she got prego with twins. EVERY. SINGLE. THING. THAT. I. SAY. She turns around, and makes it about her and the babies. And since I haven't been feeling well the last few days, I think it is on my nerves even more. For example - right now I have a Kidney Stone. She called me, and I honestly didn't feel like listening to her for 45 minutes - so I ignored the call, and sent her a text telling her I was in the ER on a morphine drip, and I would call her when I was discharged. She called 13 times. And left a voicemail every time. It's very important. I need to talk to you. Why are you ignoring me. FINE, you won't answer or return my calls, I'll just leave you a message - I am having two girls. Meanwhile - she had sent me 7 Facebook messages. Never once asked about me, or how I was feeling.

Am I the one being ridiculous here? Because I am seriously about the go the **** off.

Thanks for the vent. :explode:

Replies

• charliedavisxxx
    charliedavisxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    sorry about your friend! i hope it works out.

i've gotta be honest i looked on here because in England 'pissed' means really drunk and i thought it would be amusing if you really were venting in a 'pissed' state....

sorry to here that its a real problem rather than being drunk... love love xxx
  • Brea_81
    Brea_81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You told her you were in the hospital and she didn't even ask if you were ok?? Very self-centered and rude on her part. Having a baby (or two) is super exciting, but when your friend is in pain and in the hospital, that's a big deal, too!

BTW - I've never dealt with kidney stones, but my best friend did like 2 weeks ago, and was in sooooo much pain. I hope you're feeling ok!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Sorry for that. :flowerforyou:

Now lets talk about me. :smile:
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    I think you should be pissed off, but instead of going off on her maybe try talking to her first. Let her know know, calmly, how much she's pissing you off and why. Then, if that doesn't work, just ignore her for a couple of weeks and hope she gets the hint.
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    I have the same friend. Not literally, but ya know ;). Honestly at this point, 16 years later, I've almost completely cut ties with her. I put up with it for 14 years and then eventually I realized, I DESERVE BETTER. A one sided friendship, isn't a friendship at all. I spent years, and years, and years of my life, making up excuses why it was ok for her to walk on me, why I should be the "bigger person" etc. I finally realized, being the bigger person is walking away from a friendship that is nothing but draining and full of disappointment. Sometimes, just like romantic relationships, friendships need to be broken off.

That being said, if this is an unusual thing, then it's worth venting, trying to tell her how it made you feel, and moving forward. If you find yourself feeling this way after every interaction you have with her... well... what I said before.

Good luck honey!
  • rchupka87
    Options
    OMG Carl. You are so her. LOL
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    OMG Carl. You are so her. LOL

Made you smile at least. :flowerforyou:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't, but all of my friends do.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have the same friend. Not literally, but ya know ;). Honestly at this point, 16 years later, I've almost completely cut ties with her. I put up with it for 14 years and then eventually I realized, I DESERVE BETTER. A one sided friendship, isn't a friendship at all. I spent years, and years, and years of my life, making up excuses why it was ok for her to walk on me, why I should be the "bigger person" etc. I finally realized, being the bigger person is walking away from a friendship that is nothing but draining and full of disappointment. Sometimes, just like romantic relationships, friendships need to be broken off.

That being said, if this is an unusual thing, then it's worth venting, trying to tell her how it made you feel, and moving forward. If you find yourself feeling this way after every interaction you have with her... well... what I said before.

Good luck honey!

Well said !!! ^
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    WOW!!!! That's terrible and totally inconsiderate. Maybe she doesn't realize how selfish she's being. Have you tried bringing it to her attention? Although it's common sense, some people just need certain things directly brought to their attention. Maybe she doesn't realize the strain it's putting on your friendship. Try talking to her.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    wow im so sorry.
    i know what thats like
    unfortunatly when i started college i thought the friends i found were amazing but they turned into that.
    i cant stand it, but now i cant ignore them (its not that big of a college at all and we are all in degree classes)
    one of the girls is preggo and is soooo f'in anoying every day. she usues it as an excuse to come in late and remake up tests because she 'got sick' during it. yet i hear her joking about how stupid the teachers are etc. shes only 18 btw... ughhh
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If anyone, EVER dared to call me 13 times in the span of a day, I'd shank them. Hell, in the span of a week, I'd still dissolve that friendship faster than I can slam a beer..
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Have you considered getting pregnant? That might be the solution.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Anybody who calls more than three times a day without an exceptionally good reason get's the, "I dont need you in my life," card. Way too much neediness going on there.
  • rchupka87
    Options
    If anyone, EVER dared to call me 13 times in the span of a day, I'd shank them. Hell, in the span of a week, I'd still dissolve that friendship faster than I can slam a beer..

You might be my new best friend.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

THIS.

I had a very good friend for many years who turned into a ME ME ME person. I tried for two years to tolerate it given her tough situation (she had PTSD from 3 tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan), but it became clear that she was just using me to vent. She never asked me how I was doing, never seemed to care much what was going on in my life, just always calling about HER issues... The straw that broke the camel's back was when she failed to show up for my wedding, in which she was a bridesmaid, then sent me a text saying, "oh, I'm not mad at you anymore over that" like it was MY fault. I wasted those last two years of that friendship tolerating that crap, and I should not have.

Talk to your friend, and if she doesn't listen, just dump her and go find other friends who will be supportive and equitable in your friendship.
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You are not being ridiculous. If it was me I would have probably sarcastically interjected, when she finally shut up," I am fine thanks so much for asking." or maybe publically on facebook for even more shock value. I have been prego and it is easy to get excited about it but the important part of being a good friend is being able to shut your mouth and open your ears. Sounds like you are the good friend. I hope she comes around.
  • wstokes28
    wstokes28 Posts: 27
    Options
    Wow, you told her you were in the hospital on morphine drip and she didn't inquire as to how you were. Maybe it's time to have a talk with her and tell her how you feel. She may (as amazing as it sounds) not know she is being completely inconsiderate. If she is really a good friend, I'd communicate my feelings first, but if I didn't see a change. I would have to let her go.
  • rchupka87
    Options
    Have you considered getting pregnant? That might be the solution.

If this was a serious comment - you have been added to my shanking list.... :noway:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    what do you mean the world doesn't revolve around your friend? you should've gotten the memo....and since you didn't read it, you have no one to blame but yourself :laugh: