SAHM/D--6/15--6/21

Options
staceyw37
staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
Morning folks! Here is the thread for this week.

Hope you'll come chat soon and share your successes--and difficulties.
We are here to support each other, cheer for each other on this wt loss/get fit journey. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tstodd
    tstodd Posts: 8
    Options
    Good Morning,

I'm new to the boards. I joined this sitea few weeks ago to get some motivation for my last 10 lbs of baby weight! I've really been struggling to get it off and find it difficult to stay motivated. I've also had trouble getting into a routine since the kids got out of school a couple weeks ago. But I've exercised 2 days in a row now :smile:

Tracy

204724.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • supermom1114
    supermom1114 Posts: 577
    Options
    Good morning!! I used to post on this thread a lot but then I got busy and everything but I'm back!!!!
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    can i join in too? I'm a SAHM to 2, a 5 year old girl who just finished kindy and an almost 2 year old boy
  • staceyw37
    Options
    anyone's welcome! there a #of moms who comeand go.
    i think what's great is we understand the unique challenges of getting fit and taking care of kids. sometimes they go together and sometimes not. :laugh:

usually i can get the exercise in (now that i've been on here a few months) but it's still really hard for me to stay in my cals. i like and eat the junk still.

this week, my goal is to stay at 1400-1500 cals and lose at least 1#. i go out of town in 2 wks and want more wt GONE.

wish me luck! off to eat my lean cuisine with extra carrots on the side. :)
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My kids are still little so I just make them eat what I'm eating and I'm keeping the junk away.

I'm actually having trouble getting the cals in, and my fat is REALLy low consistantly (13-15grams/day)

school is out here this week and I think that it's going to be harder for me to get my exercise, i can still do my tapes and wii fit, but If I want to go for a walk I will have to go at a 5 year olds pace, where now I can bring the littlest one in the jogging stroller and huff it :P
    any hints on how to get a good workout with the 5 year old set would be great
  • staceyw37
    Options
    My kids are still little so I just make them eat what I'm eating and I'm keeping the junk away.

I'm actually having trouble getting the cals in, and my fat is REALLy low consistantly (13-15grams/day)

school is out here this week and I think that it's going to be harder for me to get my exercise, i can still do my tapes and wii fit, but If I want to go for a walk I will have to go at a 5 year olds pace, where now I can bring the littlest one in the jogging stroller and huff it :P
    any hints on how to get a good workout with the 5 year old set would be great

the junk is here for the kids--and for me. i certainly can't blame them as i'm the one in charge. :wink:
    is there a y you can join for just the summer? then maybe you can put 5yrold in the gym.
    have him/her have quiet time while you do dvd/vid. borrow someone's dbl jog?? jungle gym calisthenics?

i like exercising at home and since i'm in vegas, outside walks get limited this time of year. (i can go early early in am with dog, but not later with kids.)
    anyway, hope those ideas help.
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I've been extremely busy the past couple days with Vacation Bible School. I'm the director, so I've got the added stress of making sure everyone is where they belong, getting people to fill in at the last minute when someone can't be there, etc. The men of the church are serving dinner each night. I did well Sunday night. They served pizza, so I was able to get one small slice of cheese and a salad. Last night we had burgers. I was originally going to bring turkey burgers for them to grill for me, but I forgot to bring them, so I skipped the chips. Unfortunately, I had a chocolate cupcake with my burger. We're having subs tonight, so I'm hoping there's some with whole wheat rolls. Again, I think I'll skip the chips tonight too. I'm planning on bringing my own water bottle because all that's being served are sodas.

I hope everyone is having a good beginning to their week! Welcome Tracy and Misty! :flowerforyou: And welcome back Supermom! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Good morning! I've been extremely busy the past couple days with Vacation Bible School. I'm the director, so I've got the added stress of making sure everyone is where they belong, getting people to fill in at the last minute when someone can't be there, etc. The men of the church are serving dinner each night. I did well Sunday night. They served pizza, so I was able to get one small slice of cheese and a salad. Last night we had burgers. I was originally going to bring turkey burgers for them to grill for me, but I forgot to bring them, so I skipped the chips. Unfortunately, I had a chocolate cupcake with my burger. We're having subs tonight, so I'm hoping there's some with whole wheat rolls. Again, I think I'll skip the chips tonight too. I'm planning on bringing my own water bottle because all that's being served are sodas.

I hope everyone is having a good beginning to their week! Welcome Tracy and Misty! :flowerforyou: And welcome back Supermom! :flowerforyou:

good for you! planning ahead is so important to your success! keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    i just finished one dvd of exercise. i was gonna skip it but i was already dressed for it and i know i'd feel bad later that ididn't do it.
    but i did.and it kicked my butt!!

now, one more puff of inhaler and onto leslie's the big burn (2mi intervals--walk/jog).
    wish me luck:tongue:

and why do i have to do so much?? b/c i ate a lot of cereal last night + 2 wt wtchers cookie dough ice cream thing. seriously--i am my own worst enemy. :grumble:
  • amypyr
    Options
    Hello! It must be a busy week for everyone. We just finished Vacation Bible School tonight. I didn't do as well as I had planned, but I didn't do nearly as bad as I did last year. We had the end of the week dinner and party for the kids tonight. I made sure I had plenty of calories left before dinner, and I took my turkey hot dogs for them to grill. I had 2 hot dogs, but no chips. We had a campfire for making s'mores after dinner. I had one, but it was a small one. Even with hot dogs and a s'more, I think I ended up only going over by one calorie today! :happy:

Now I need to get back on track with my exercising!

I hope everyone is having a good week!
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Good afternooon Ladies,

Well I have been MIA...I had to take sometime and figure out all this surgery and stuff..Well I had my surgery Tuesday June 16th..I'm doing pretty good pain wise..Trying not to take pain meds unless I have to..Cant wait to get to move around again..Miss playin with my kids and just doing everyday house work...lol:laugh:

I did recieve a call from the dr today who did my surgery...Well its AWESOME news!!!!! There is NO CANCER, NONE...I am turely blessed and I THANK the LORD for this miricale HE has given me..Praise HIM..

I had to jump on here and share my news..I want to jump up and shout and just be happy but I cant i"ll pull some stitches out lol...I just wanted to share my good news and after I am completely healed back to gettin my body into shape..
    Thank you all for the prayers..I appericate them very much...
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Good afternooon Ladies,

Well I have been MIA...I had to take sometime and figure out all this surgery and stuff..Well I had my surgery Tuesday June 16th..I'm doing pretty good pain wise..Trying not to take pain meds unless I have to..Cant wait to get to move around again..Miss playin with my kids and just doing everyday house work...lol:laugh:

I did recieve a call from the dr today who did my surgery...Well its AWESOME news!!!!! There is NO CANCER, NONE...I am turely blessed and I THANK the LORD for this miricale HE has given me..Praise HIM..

I had to jump on here and share my news..I want to jump up and shout and just be happy but I cant i"ll pull some stitches out lol...I just wanted to share my good news and after I am completely healed back to gettin my body into shape..

wonderfulwonderfulwonderful!!
    so glad to hear the + results and that you are recovering ok.
    don't be afraid of the pain meds--you want to stay ahead of the pain. it's much harder to control the pain once it has escalated.
    be sure to take lots of stool softener and water tho.:laugh:

sending you lots of get well vibes--:flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Good afternooon Ladies,

wonderfulwonderfulwonderful!!
    so glad to hear the + results and that you are recovering ok.
    don't be afraid of the pain meds--you want to stay ahead of the pain. it's much harder to control the pain once it has escalated.
    be sure to take lots of stool softener and water tho.:laugh:

sending you lots of get well vibes--:flowerforyou:
  • amypyr
    Options
    Dana, I'm so happy to hear your good news! I've been thinking about you and praying for you. :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    here is the link to this week's thread.

come chat over there!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/57688-sahm-d-6-22-28