Turbo Jammers 6/15-6/21

Options
Good Monday everyone!!

Well I did 3T for the first time this Saturday and I gotta say, it wasnt my favorite. It felt slow paced and I did not break a sweat. My leg muscles ARE sore today, but not like with Turbo Sculpt. Anyone else have this experience or tips to help me do it better? :flowerforyou:

So yesterday I did have my mexican food and margarita. Oh the food was SO GOOD. I didnt even think about calories I just enjoyed it! But MAN that margarita did a number on me. I only had HALF - shared it with my sister, and i must be extra lightweight now because it hit me HARD! I was feeling hungover the rest of the day and even today I still feel funky. OMGoodness! hehe

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :heart:

Replies

• megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Checking in with Push 2 today. I didn't workout for the past 3 days...2 of my daughters had dance recitals all weekend...it was fun and exhausting! I can't remember the last time I went three days without working out...it felt great to get back to my routine! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

HipsLips, I haven't done 3T in a long time, but I know I liked Turbo Sculpt and Booty Sculpt alot. Hopefully the other ladies have some suggestions for you. :smile:
    :heart:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'll be joining you for a few months. I'm also doing P90X but I need extra cardio without having to do Cardo X four times per week ... so I'm going through the beginners schedule.

Learn and Burn is a lot of fun though I'm looking forward to feeling less uncoordinated, hehe. And hopefully it will help teach me to dance, something that has eluded me all these years :laugh:.
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to MyFitnessPal. I've been doing Turbo Jam for a few months now, off and on. I love it!!! I've finally got into a routine where I feel really crappy if I don't do at least 20 min jam.

So I have the Maximum Results DVD set: does anyone have any suggestions for which set to buy next? I think the tubes look interesting to buy too.

Thanks!!
  • HipsLipsMama
    Options
    I have both the maximum results and the fat burning elite set. The fat burning Elite comes with 5 DVDs as well, they include:
    Cardio Party 2
    Cardio Party 3
    Fat Blaster
    3T
    Lower Body Jam.

If you buy on amazon or thru Beachbody they come with resistance bands. So far I have only done 3T. i have heard rave reviews about the cardio parties and fat blaster. i am going to do fat blaster tomrrow morning. :)

I also have been looking at Booty Sculpt, think ill get that one next. :flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    Missed you guys over the weekend but I was at my women's retreat - outstanding as usual!! I took my 3lb weights w/ me and did laps around the grounds - I don't normally use 3lb weights just 1lb wrist weights that i use instead of the gloves and my arms realy feel it. I got a really good w/o in both days... Do miss my TJ - I was going to at least get in the 20min last nite but I was just exhausted!! It was so fun ~ I was on my good behavior with the food too...they always feed us so well!!
    So for tonight it will either be a 40 min - run/walk w/ weights or 20min + ab jam We'll see what the weather says.

Hope everybody is doing well and staying on track ~ another fine week!!

Take care,
    Janet:heart:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I have both the maximum results and the fat burning elite set. The fat burning Elite comes with 5 DVDs as well, they include:
    Cardio Party 2
    Cardio Party 3
    Fat Blaster
    3T
    Lower Body Jam.

Oh wow, I didn't know about the elite set ... is there a certain order that you're supposed to do those? I looked on the beachbody site but I didn't see a schedule or anything like that.
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Hi ladies... checking in today with 20 min. workout... I'm SO EXHAUSTED :sick: from my vacation so I really had to push myself to do the exercise today. Hoping to get back on track tomorrow.

I really missed getting on here the last week for my motivation, but the vacation was really great and I made good eating choices so I'm proud to report that!

Good work on the workouts everyone! :glasses:
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Hey I was thinking about ordering the fat blaster or the CP3... what are they like???
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    I love Fat Blaster, that is what I started out doing. Just be prepared to break a sweat though. I have tried the CP3, but quickly found that I'm not coordinated enough for that yet. So, I bumped down to CP2 and I seem to be having a much easier time with that one. Right now I alternate nights between CP2 and Fat Blaster/3T.
  • megan0313
    Options
    amber,
    CP3 is similar to 1 and 2...it's great and nice to mix them up a little. Fat Blaster is 30 mins of turbos. Four high intensity and four low intensity. It's a great calorie burn in a short amount of time. I love to combine that one with a toning workout.
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Thanks!! I think I'll look in to the Elite DVDs.
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Just saving this for later and bookmarking!!

I lost track on all the turbojam threads so I will read up on them later.

Keep up the good work!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I just tried Ab Jam for the first time ... I only burned 60 calories but wow, I think that worked my abs more than Ab Ripper X!
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    I think I'll buy the fat blaster, sounds like the perfect workout for me... having a really hard time getting motivated after vacation :ohwell: I think it's just cause I'm so darn exhausted. Last Friday we were in a restaurant and I passed out which I've never done. Not sure what caused it so the doc did some blood test? I'm thinking I might be anemic or have low blood sugar? I'll try to kick it up a notch and get back on track. I was doing so well for weeks. I guess that's the only con to going on vacation :sad:

Great job everyone! Haven't done my workout yet but I still have plenty of time till the day is over!
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    I just tried Ab Jam for the first time ... I only burned 60 calories but wow, I think that worked my abs more than Ab Ripper X!

Ab Jam is a crazy workout. The first time I did it I wasn't able to finish it... I still have to do the modified moves when it's time for the mat part.

Good job, keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Checking in with TJ20 & PKJ..

I know what you mean Ronkswife, it's terrible trying to get back into the swing of things after vacation, I am still only getting back to my routine since I came back from Boston in MARCH :noway: :noway:

I wouldnt mind but I'm heading away in 3 weeks time so I will have to go through it all over again :sick:

Mind yourself and listen to your doc, dont overdo it - try and listen to your body..
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Did Hip Hop Abs this morning and will be going to Zumba tonight, but I was hoping to have a peek at one of the cardio party DVDs!!! I got my set second hand so it looks like I'm missing a few DVDs, including cardio party 2!!!

I think if I can manage, I will probably try to squeeze in cardio party since my calories burned for Zumba seem to be going down the more that I take the class.....we'll see!!! But back to learn and burn and 20 minute tomorrow morning!!!

Oh!!! And I got a set of weight gloves....1 lb each....had to take it off halfway...I guess I'm just not ready for 'em yet!!!!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Great job on everyone's workouts! Checking in today with Push 3, Extreme abs and Burn Intervals (they're all from Chalean Extreme). Tomorrow I'll be back to Turbo Jammin'!

Catherine, you may not have CP2 in the package you bought. The first one I bought didn't have it...just 1 and 3. I bought CP2 and Lower Body Jam in a package from amazon. And great job with the gloves...it definitely intesifies the workout!!

Ghanie, good job with Ab Jam....it's not a big calorie burner, but you'll definitely see results in those abs! :smile:

Amber, don't push yourself too hard if you're not feeling well...I'm glad you went to the doctor...passing out is not good! Take care of yourself! :flowerforyou:

And Dara...Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!! That's so exciting! :love:

Have a great evening everyone!
    :heart:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Ok, just had to pop in here to share also .. it's the first time I've been able to complete Plyometrics X without pausing, wheeeee!!! :bigsmile:

It's a P90X workout for those of you who don't know it ... about an hour of pure jump training. :laugh:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies-

Just thought I would throw this out there...I was going to list some of my TJ workouts on ebay, but thought I'd check here to see if anyone was interested in them as I saw this discussion going. I have over 40 workout DVD's in my collection and am trying to narrow it down a bit and have some TJ duplicates or ones I don't find myself doing as much for some reason. So, here are the ones I'm looking to part with:
    -Cardio Party 3
    -Lower Body Jam
    -3T
    -Ab Ripper 200 (not Turbo Jam, but Beachbody still :) )
    -Turbo Jam 5 workout set

You can email me if interested (efitz77@yahoo.com). I plan to post them on ebay this weekend.