Does anyone else....???

rockchic9382
rockchic9382 Posts: 51
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, so this weekend I did not so good on my food and I haven't worked out for 3 days (except for cleaning my house for 4 hours on Saturday). I normally am work out for 5-6 days a week 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours at a time. When this happens to other people, do you see yourself differently in the mirror? The few times I've done this each day I don't work out when I look at myself in the mirror I look heavier each day. Is this even possible? Or is it in my head?

Replies

• ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    I think it's in your head. That being said, I do the same thing. But it is physically impossible to gain that much weight from day to day I think!!!

I also think that it's part of insecurities that we feel as women. Especially in a world that says you're not pretty unless you are a size zero!!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    I have found that when I take a few days off of exercising, I've actually lost weight on those days. Go figure. It's like my body says, oh, don't need that, since you're not working out...

So yes, it's all in your head. :wink:
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    :smile: Oh it is totally in your head! Did you log cleaning your house on your excercise Saturday? They have it for either moderate or heavy cleaning and as we all know cleaning house is hard vigorous work!!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    I think it's all in our heads...because i've felt the same way many a times and if u jump on the scale and look ure prob only 1 lbs diff from a few days ago which is normal because the water retainment in our body fluctuates...
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    It's in your head...I'm sure you're not heavier :happy:
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    While I think it is in your's and probably all of our heads....I completely understand where you are coming from. If I don't go to gym atleast 4 days a week and run 6 days a week I feel disguting about myself and think I have gained tons of weight when in actuality, I haven't. To make myself feel better I usually just add a few minutes to each workout for the next week and It helps!
  • dbenson48
    dbenson48 Posts: 43
    vrdz3212
    While I think it is in your's and probably all of our heads....I completely understand where you are coming from. If I don't go to gym atleast 4 days a week and run 6 days a week I feel disguting about myself and think I have gained tons of weight when in actuality, I haven't. To make myself feel better I usually just add a few minutes to each workout for the next week and It helps!
    Wanted to say Ive been smoke free for 6 months now, Feeling great, But finding it harder to loose weight! You go girl! Dont give up no matter what! :wink:
  • Thank you all for responding. This does make me feel better. I thought maybe it was in my head but hearing everyone else agree makes me feel a million times better. Damn society!!! Make us poor women feel horrible for not working out a couple days and eating what we want...lol. Oh well, back to working out today though. I only have 3 weeks until vacation so I've got to be strict for awhile.
This discussion has been closed.