Look at my food diary, what is wrong?!

Options
Can somebody please look at what I hate ate today and inform me of what I should be eating less of, and more of.

The day is not yet over and I usually have a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea before I go to bed so bearing in mind I will use the remaining calories for that.

I don't log my food often, so there is only really today's to look at - but it is an average day for me.

Breakfast - usually cereal and a cup of coffee with sweeteners and semi skim milk
Lunch - a chicken wrap, or fine egg noodles, or tuna, or yoghurt with fruit with a biscuit or treat of some sort and another cup of coffee
Dinner - varies a lot, somtimes i have to eat what my family make so i don't have much choice but usually something under 450cals

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Where are your vegetables? Fruits?
  • saltskinmermaid
    Options
    I see a lot of carbs and sugar but almost no protein.. where is the fresh fruit and vegetables too?
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    You need some more proteins for sure and some fresh fruits and veggies. Good luck
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Less sugar and more protein.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    When I look at someone's diary I look at 4 things--- in order of importance: Calories, Protein, Fat, Carbohydrates.... You should be concerned with getting more protein in. This will help you maintain your lean body mass as you diet. Don't be afraid to get 100g or more of protein in a day. Don't be afraid of fat either. Just stay within 100 calories +/- of your goal. :smile:
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was going to say fruit and veg as well, you can get so much without going over on calories. Wouldn't be enough protein for me either, but I guess that depends on your size and activity.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    more protein, fruits & veggies
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    Basically what everyone else is saying. You can eat 1200 calories a day and that is good and all, but it's better to eat 1200 calories of nutrient and vitamin packed food. Fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean proteins. Try a breakfast other than cereal like an egg white omelet with veggies in it with a side of fruit. Your body will thank you for eating good food.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    What the others have said - plus you give us just one day to look at, the day's not over so it's not a complete picture, and you've already got 153 "quick add" calories in there.

Sorry, but it looks as if you're not really taking this seriously.
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would say more protein, fresh fruits & veggie's (I don't count the sugar in fruit). Less carb's...

You will do great you just have to figure out what works best for your body. I find that if I eat lost of protein I don't feel hungry and I have alot more energy.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Everything is packaged.
  • scolmorgen
    Options
    Yup too many carbs...no protien and no veggies....Must add
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Aside from what others posted...protein, fruit & vegetables, you need consistency. Logging food once in a while won't help. Commitment is key.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You also need healthy fats!

They are essential for proper brain and organ function and help you burn bodyfat.:smile:
  • Sonriendo
    Sonriendo Posts: 98
    Options
    Also you might want to add 2 Healthy snacks to your diet.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    When I look at someone's diary I look at 4 things--- in order of importance: Calories, Protein, Fat, Carbohydrates.... You should be concerned with getting more protein in. This will help you maintain your lean body mass as you diet. Don't be afraid to get 100g or more of protein in a day. Don't be afraid of fat either. Just stay within 100 calories +/- of your goal. :smile:

^^^ This.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I then look at Sodium intake and fiber. I mean you gotta poop sooner or later. Preferably sooner.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options

whoa, rude.
  • NatashaAlexandra
    NatashaAlexandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options

whoa, rude.

Haha what a way to motivate somebody!
    I take this very seriously but my eating habits are hard to kick. I joined MFP last year and logged for quite a while but got a new job so ended up giving up! So now I'm back and trying to change my diet :) I agree with most posts though I do need to add more fruit/veg and protein.
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    view some of the other member's diaries and follow.... what they've all said above is right on!