As I like to call it...The Fart shake

Options
lol sooo has anyone ever noticed that the protien shakes smells like someone blew bum...well i was just wondering if anyone had a solution to this prob...because i have trouble choking them down everytime i go to take a swig and get that awful smell in my nostrils

Replies

• llmgold11
    llmgold11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Try mixing in fruit. Or possibly changing your protein. I currently use Optimum Nutrition Mint Chocolate or Double Chocolate...tastes like a milkshake :).
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Try mixing in fruit. Or possibly changing your protein. I currently use Optimum Nutrition Mint Chocolate or Double Chocolate...tastes like a milkshake :).
    I'll have to try that because my smell sense is really good and everytime i try and drink one which is every afternoon i gag atleast once lol...
  • kimster
    kimster Posts: 21
    Options
    I drink the Mix1 protein shakes, they come in mix berry, mango and blueberry vanilla. They smell good and taste pretty good - no gagging here!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    my protein shake is 3 oz of tart cherry juice and 3 oz of pure pineapple juice and 1 scoop powder. IThe only way I can drink it is if I drink it right out of hte shaker cup so I only take the stopper out and I can't smell it as I drink it. If I drink it with the whole lid off of if I put it ina cup I can't stand it.
  • JCTHE1
    JCTHE1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I take EAS 100% chacolate whey protien. It's ok, but I add a banana to make it better. Also I some times mix it with skim milk or soy milk. Just in water is still ok. When I was younger I had this horible protien called Pro V 60 vanilla flavor. Worst stuff I tasted in my life. I had to pinch my nose and drink it and after downing how ever much I could I would stop drinking , but still hold my nose shut, then breathe through my mouth. After a couple of breathes I would let go of my nose. It was that bad. So if you have to do this every time with your shake, then it is time to get a new shake. I hear BSN has had some of the greatest tasting on the market.
  • mom25grls
    mom25grls Posts: 5
    Options
    I LOVE BSN Lean desserts fresh cinnamon bun and I use 1 scoop, make a sludge (use cold water to get it liquidy but not too much) and add my hot coffee to it. Voila! Protein coffee....20 g protein just for drinking my morning coffee! :) I also like vanilla bean or any brand vanilla protein powder...but any flavor you would like a cappucino would make a good protein coffee!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    ty ill have to try it out...right now im drinkin unjury and its awful
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I only get banana or chocolate flavored and they smell and taste just like it.

I blend the banana with 1/2 cup frozen fruit, 4oz milk, and 4oz water. I take the chocolate with just milk though I'll add peanut butter if I need extra calories.
  • acracraft
    acracraft Posts: 1
    Options
    Beverly International has a good protein shake mix. I like the Cookies and Cream flavor with milk, tastes like cookies and cream shake!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    No advice I just want to say: Best. Topic title. Ever.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    gotta say, you guys are not selling protein shakes on me!! who wants to eat something that makes them gag??? :laugh: