Teacher forces 6 yo to sit in poop

Options
cabaray
cabaray Posts: 971 Member
http://www.wave3.com//story/17584266/kindergartner-forced-to-sit-in-poop-in-class

Can you believe this? I'm the first one to say this country is too lawsuit happy, but I think I'd be getting an attorney over this one. Do they not realize that this child could get a UTI from this or her skin could be burned? What a *****!

Replies

• cabaray
    Options
    bump, anybody?
  • cabaray
    Options
    Guess I'm the only one interested...
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    That's just awful. Poor thing!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    For some reason I cant bring up the link you posted. But from what the title states, teacher is lucky I wasnt the mom. Thats all I can say...:mad:
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    People are sometimes slow in responding to new threads, unless it's been 30 min or so I wouldn't bump.

It really is terrible, I can't believe that anyone did that. I would take my child out of that school if I were her parents.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Can't follow your link read the story. But yeah, that sounds horrible! to
  • cabaray
    Options
    People are sometimes slow in responding to new threads, unless it's been 30 min or so I wouldn't bump.

It really is terrible, I can't believe that anyone did that. I would take my child out of that school if I were her parents.
    I have only posted a couple of topics, so I didn't realize. Good to know for the future.
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I just read the link you posted. I would be more than outraged if that happened to my son when he starts school in the fall. I'd do more than press charges that's for sure. If I was in that situation that teacher better pray I couldn't get a hold of them. Poor child. :cry:
  • cabaray
    Options
    I feel so bad for her. Other kids can be mean and I'm sure she's not going to live this down for quite awhile.
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    WASHBURN, MO (KYTV/NBC) - A Missouri mother is upset over a classroom incident that left her kindergartner humiliated.

The 6-year-old girl had an accident in her classroom, and her parents are pushing for policy changes.

"They told me that the teacher had asked her to go to the restroom before testing time," said mother Lisa Skidmore.

Skidmore says asking a young child to go to the bathroom on demand is next to impossible.

"You can't do that to a 6-year-old."

That's why, when her kindergartner told her teacher she had to go to the restroom during the test and wasn't allowed, Skidmore couldn't believe it.

Her little girl couldn't hold it.

"They didn't even bother trying to clean her up or anything. She still had poop, diarrhea poop, coming out the back, up her front, down her legs," she said.

Skidmore says her daughter was forced to sit in the class for the remainder of test time, about 15 minutes, then mom was called after the test, and it was a 20-minute drive to school to pick up her daughter.

All the while, the little girl had to sit in the mess.

No one bothered to clean her up, although a teacher did give her a trash bag to wrap around herself.

"You don't even treat a dog that way!" Skidmore said.

She says she's hoping policy will change, and common sense will prevail.

"I don't want this to happen to any other kid. That's the point of this: I don't want this ever happening." Skidmore said.

School District Superintendent Bob Walker said he wishes the school would've handled it differently.

"Bottom line, we regret what happened," Walker said.

He says, from here on out, he has instructed all his teachers to be more sensitive to other situations that might come up during testing like this one.

The little girl's dad has a tough time even talking about it.

"If any parent sent their kid to school with crappy pants, diarrhea-type crap, wrapped up in a garbage bag, stench badly, I believe with all my heart those parents would be facing criminal charges, I believe that with all my heart," he said. "If it's your child, I mean it hits a raw nerve, deep."

Many kids right now are taking Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) tests, the state standardized testing required by law.

Those tests start in third grade, but the superintendent says the reason the teacher was sticking so closely to MAP testing guidelines, even for a kindergartner, is because she was trying to simulate the stringent rules to prepare students for what's to come.

Copyright 2012 KYTV via NBC. All rights reserved.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I would have found anyway possible to destroy the life of that teacher. Period.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    That poor child. My daughter just turned 6, I can't even imagine that happening to her, it breaks my heart just thinking about it.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    OMFG!!! I would seriously have to check myself NOT to yell and scream and rant and drag everyone through the mud!! My daughter is 3 and a half and in pre-k... I would seriously have heads rolling if they even made her sit in pee pants that long let alone poop!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Awful! Awful, awful, awful. NO excuses for that!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Terrible... She will probably be teased for a long time and the poor thing has the last name "Skidmore" she's going to have a tough childhood. I can't believe the teacher made her sit in it... How humiliating. I hope she loses her job.
  • cabaray
    Options
    I guess I'm spoiled. The elementary my daughter goes to has classroom bathrooms in all K and 1st grade rooms. They also have a large stash of extra clothes in all sizes so that kids can clean up and change if they have an accident while they wait for their parents. This goes far beyond a child having an accident. Just terrible~
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I remember having to do some stupid government standardized testing in high school, and we would be in there for hours at a time. I really had to go one day during one of them. REALLY had to go. So I told a teacher and they said "No you have to wait, you might cheat if you leave" (???). I said fine just take my damn test right now then, I'M GOING. They ended up just sending another teacher with me to the bathroom (who told me she thought it was stupid and ridiculous that they wouldn't let me go alone) to make sure that I wasn't passing notes or something in the bathroom about a test that meant nothing to me specifically (no grades, no scores to me, etc). Schools take standardized testing way too seriously... I have NEVER been in a situation in the real world where I was prevented from using the bathroom like that. I really hate how so many of mandatory things in school are just so useless once you're done.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that finds it slightly humorous that the mother's last name is "SKIDmore?"
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    My mom use to tell me that if the teacher ever refused me to use the bathroom to call her!

That is so horrible.... I feel bad for the little girl :frown: