Your favorite low-cal dessert

Options

Replies

• sar04tamu
    sar04tamu Posts: 27
    Options
    Try 3-2-1 cake: Mix 1 box of angel food cake mix with 1 box of any other flavor cake mix. 3 Tbs of cake mix + 2 Tbs water in a small container and microwave for 1 min. Portion controlled goodness!
  • jenelizmin
    jenelizmin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a new favorite dessert.! It isn't healthy, but pretty low cal. You buy the reduced fat graham crackers and a tob of the premade Cheesecake filling. You swipe about a tablespoon of cheesecake filling on each graham cracker. You end up with all the creaminess and taste of cheesecake and some sweet crunchiness of a graham cracker. I don't have the exact specs on it but I figured it was less than 100 cal for 1 sheet (2 squares of graham crackers) with the filling spread on top.
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wonder how many calories are in the 321 cake??
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, definitely!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Strawberries dipped in Nesquik chocolate syrup. Super low-cal and delicious!

OMG!! Never thought of that! I'm so gonna do it.. RIGHT now! LOL But, powder, cuz it's what I have.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Options
    I have never craved fudge, or cake like I have the past week.

Anyone have any recipes that are sugar free or low cal??

check out hungrygirl.com

I'm pretty sure there are some recipes for low cal choco cake on there, using a box cake but club soda instead of eggs and oil and those types of substitutions.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Options
    Oh yeh.. and I forgot about this..

Use chocolate graham crackers and put fat free whipped cream between two. Freeze them. It's a low cal, low fat substitute for ice cream sandwiches. Not to bad.
  • AlisaRN
    AlisaRN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    BTW Skinny Cow is buy one get one free at publix this week!!!!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    These are 2 I eat all the time and are de-frickin-licious ;-)

1) 1/4C part-skim ricotta with cocoa powder and a packet of splenda (~100 cals)

2) 1/4C of quaker 1 minute oats (uncooked), 1/4 T cocoa powder, 1/4 T maple syrup or honey or agave nectar, 1/2T peanut butter. You can eat this straight (which I usually do) or roll into balls and cool in the fridge to make "cookies". yum yum yum (~150cals)

Oh you won't be disappointed!!!
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have recently fell in love with "skinny cake". "skinny brownies" didn't work.

For cake the best so far is: 1 box of cake mix I used Betty Crocker super moist devils food cake mix
    1can of pepsi max

bake 350 for 30 mins. Love it! I cut mine into 24 pieces which makes it 67 cal, 15 carbs, 1 fat, 1 protein, 3 calcuim, 152 sodium per piece.
  • Celeste8808
    Celeste8808 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip i'm goin to pick that up tomorrow
  • aniwani
    aniwani Posts: 110
    Options
    Ok not cake but really good... Take a fist full of frozen raspberries... blend w/ a little orange juice just enough so it has a thick smoothie texture and pour on top of low fat vanilla frozen yogurt ...You will die ... this dessert is one of my favs but only in small quantity =)
  • turbogirl01
    Options
    The fudgesicles w/ no sugar added are like 45 calories, and they taste wonderful :D those and Edy's fruit popsicles, which are 40 cals save me!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Take a bowl and pour in 1.5 cups of frozen mixed berries.
    In a shaker, combine 1c of milk with 1 heaping scoop of vanilla casein.

Shake.

Pour the casein over the berries.

Eat with spoon.
  • Minu135
    Minu135 Posts: 48
    Options
    Bump! Sounds delicious
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Raspberry Merlot Granita
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, definitely!

THIS. So good!
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I make these super dark amazing rich brownies:

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2012/08/my-favorite-brownies/

I replaced 1/3 cup of the sugar with Splenda, and it was enough to knock them down to under 200 calories if you cut it into 12 servings. Not EXACTLY low-cal, but in terms of decadence and pure chocolate pleasure per calorie, these are a downright bargain.

I especially like them frozen, they get nice and chewy.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Snickers mini ice cream bars. 90 calories. I'm eating one right now.
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Options
    I like graham crackers with a little cream cheese and jam. I also bought some weight watchers dark chocolate raspberry ice cream bars that I've been enjoying.