hrm

Options
what hrm do you all have .I just have a cheap one from lloyds pharmacy .I am not sure how accurate it is .I may invest in a better one or maybe request one for my birthday .What do you have or what would you recommend.

Replies

• eden2004
    eden2004 Posts: 34
    Options
    I just ordered a Polar FT4 based on recommendations from MFP users!
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    are they quite expensive . I will have a look and see what I can find .Thank you :)
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    I just bought one yesterday! I got the polar ft4 and I used it last night and today for my walk. It is great and so easy to set up. I love it and so recommend it!!
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    are they quite expensive . I will have a look and see what I can find .Thank you :)

Amazon has new ones for 70 bucks I couldn't wait so I found a 10% coupon to ****'s Sporting goods and picked it up there. Pretty much turned out to be the same price when you figure in the shipping.
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    I am gonna do a search see what prices I can find in the UK
  • SarahH1971
    Options
    I had the sportline 1010 - had problems with the chest strap as it kept losing conection with my body. I now have the Ploar FT4 and it is brill and no chest strap problems. Plus it stores your last 8 workouts and tells you happy birthday!!!!!!!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Polar FT4 based on recommendations from MFP users!

Exactly this!
    It was pricey well £60, but it's a great investment. I can't imagine not working out and not knowing my HR now
  • BcozIcan
    BcozIcan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hullo.
    I have a Suunto and have similar problems with losing connection. Of course, I have the cheaper of the two chest strap versions. And it eats batteries.
    They are really pricey and I actually find that I just tend to use the estimates that this site gives for various exercise more often than not.
    Hope that helps.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I am gonna do a search see what prices I can find in the UK

The trainer at my gym told me a lot of his clients have bought the one Tesco have at the moment for about £20 and says they've been happy with them.

I haven't taken the plunge yet!
  • sunshine45356
    sunshine45356 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    FT4!
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4, I love it!
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar RCX5 - more functionality than I will ever use in a bazillion years, but loads of cool stats and an early birthday present.

Before that I had a very basic Polar that only told time, average hr, and max hr.

Polar are very good though, and a middle of the range one is really exceptionally good for 60-100 quid :) The Polar website is very good for working out which watches actually provide what you want/need/will use it for, then just shop around. I got mine off Amazon for about £50 off rrp.
  • schwim
    schwim Posts: 65
    Options
    i just bought the polar ft7f an hour ago from amazon uk. it was £61 for the red and silver. cheapest i could find anywhere. i debated about the ft4 and ft7 but since on amazon the ft4 and ft7 were around the same price i decided to go with the ft7. it has a bit more features that i probably wont use but if its the same price why not go for the upgrade :)

good luck with your searching. i can't wait for mine to come so i can see if mfp estimates of my workouts are close to correct.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4

Had it for a month or so now and I like it. If I'm honest I got it just for the caloric burn estimate but now I'm finding that it help me to keep my intensity up.

highly recommended
  • BigAardvaark
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 410 here. Combines HRM with GPS, I love it so much I'm considering getting the dedicated cycling version, Edge, too :-)
  • jerseynegrita06
    jerseynegrita06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a Nike Fuel Band. I don't know how to use it, lol...it just counts my calories & gives Fuel points & it's nice to look at! =)
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 (in pink). It's very accurate. Plus the heart rate monitor auto syncs with my gym's cardio equipment. I get more accurate calories burned data than what the gym equip shows. I use it everytime I excercise....whether its on cardio machines, aerobics classes, spinning, working out at home or walking the dogs. I love it! Got it for about $65 on Amazon with free shipping.
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    thank you all you have been a great help will look on amazon later :)
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT4. It's easy to use and I highly recommend it! I purchased it from Bodytronics.com for a little less than $60 using the code POPO and free shipping.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I've got the One Body one from Tesco for under £20. It does everything the Polar does (got one of those too but lost the watch), gives heart rate, calories, fat burned and even has a fitness test. The only problem is that I haven't worked out how to change my personal settings without taking the battery out.