Is there healthy peanut butter?

Options
willis84
willis84 Posts: 86 Member
I'd really like to get some peanut butter but they have so many calories! 180/2T.
Anyone recommend a healthy brand?

Replies

• colofitguyfm
    Options
    I'd like to hear that too.
  • distracted78
    distracted78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is powdered peanut butter you can buy that has 85% of the fat taken out. You can use it in recipes or add water to make it like peanut butter. I found it at Whole Foods but I know Amazon has it too under the name PB2.
  • brielihar
    Options
    Look up PB2. 2 Tbs is only 45 cals. I add it to chocolate protein shakes, Mmmm. I sometimes reconstitute it with almond milk and add raw honey, great Apple dip.
  • willis84
    willis84 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Wholenut organic peanut butter is very healthy. Lots of nutrition. Mmm.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Real peanuts or real peanut butter are the same calorie wise and peanut butter is healthy, your confusing calories with healthy.......it's what the diet industry wants people to believe, but it's a fairy tale.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Real peanut butter is very high in fat - the good news - it's the healthy kind of fat. Our bodies need fat. If you can afford the high calorie, regular stuff, you might look for natural peanut butter that has less (or no) added sugar.
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    Yes, it's called regular peanut butter.

Healthy foods are whole foods. If you buy reduced-fat it'll be the same calories with a little less fat and a bunch of added chemicals you don't need in your body. Eat a little bit at a time, diets are about moderation.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Real peanut butter is very high in fat - the good news - it's the healthy kind of fat. Our bodies need fat. If you can afford the high calorie, regular stuff, you might look for natural peanut butter that has less (or no) added sugar.

The only downside of peanut butter, and this would pertain to people that eat mostly a processed diet is the type of fat that really needs to be lowered, that being the long chain omega 6's.