Changing your weekly weight loss goals.

Options
Right now I'm currently set to lose 2lb a week. However, I know the more weight I lose, the harder it may be to maintain a 2lb per week weight loss. Right now I have 68 lbs until I reach my goal. When is a good time to adjust my weekly weight loss goal to 1.5 or 1 lb per week?

Replies

• kacbldmm07
    Options
    Guess what mine is set on????? The same thing as I started LOL. Honestly I don't pay much attention to it. I really didn't depend on it to lose the same amount of weight as it said I was going to, I depended on it for the calorie intake numbers. I would change it when you stop seeing the numbers promised that you will lose. But this is my opinion... I'm not a professional or anything :wink:
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My concern is that MFP is trying to drop me below 1700 calories a day, and that's too low for me. I don't worry about it as far as weight loss is concerned, I just don't want it to go below 1700 calories.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My concern is that MFP is trying to drop me below 1700 calories a day, and that's too low for me. I don't worry about it as far as weight loss is concerned, I just don't want it to go below 1700 calories.

just dial up a custom setting of 1700 calories then - it'll tell you the predicted loss rate.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom
  • JoshuaL86
    Options
    Guess what mine is set on????? The same thing as I started LOL. Honestly I don't pay much attention to it. I really didn't depend on it to lose the same amount of weight as it said I was going to, I depended on it for the calorie intake numbers. I would change it when you stop seeing the numbers promised that you will lose. But this is my opinion... I'm not a professional or anything :wink:

How did this work when you went into maintenance?
  • kacbldmm07
    Options
    Well, I just started eating my exercise calories back with the same information and I haven't been losing. Not sure what is going on there.
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this...God puts things where you need them when you need them...

I have lost 15lbs since my initial weigh in (was 248, now 233). I didn't start mfp until 238 and didn't realize there was a weight tracker until 235...

Anywho, I have short term goals and long term goals.

My short term is to be at least 200lbs by Memorial Weekend.

I want to adjust my weekly goal but am not sure how much i should excercise to hit a target weight loss of 4-5lbs a week (just until Bike Week).
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    I set my goals manually. Therefore MFP doens't adjust them. That way I don't go under my calories.
  • JoshuaL86
    Options
    Well, I just started eating my exercise calories back with the same information and I haven't been losing. Not sure what is going on there.

That makes sense! I eat most of my exercise calories back, and I still lose. However, I do know once I get closer to my goal weight, the pounds will take longer to come off, and I'm ok with that :D
  • Moto_Woody
    Options
    I let my body tell me.

1) I do not want to be hungry. Period.

2) and I never eat below BMR despite what MFP or anyone or website might tell me.

I'm losing about the same amount of weight as you are now and 1lb a week goal has been perfect (this is only my 2nd week, and I've been tweaking for the entire 2 weeks).
  • kacbldmm07
    Options

That makes sense! I eat most of my exercise calories back, and I still lose. However, I do know once I get closer to my goal weight, the pounds will take longer to come off, and I'm ok with that :D

That is super true... took me forever to lose the last 15... I thought I was going about it wrong, even told myself that I might give up. (this is when I quit logging in to MFP) But then got back on track and whaaaalaaa :drinker: