What rewards have you given yourself?

Options
I have been trying to think about rewards for my weight lose and I have not been very creative in my thoughts. I for sure know that the old me would say yeah have a cookie or an ice cream sundae. but I am trying to find things like a body wrap or massage. If you have given yourself some rewards (non-food) please share I could use all the help I can get!!

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    My husband took me shopping for music. I found the first 3 AC/DC albums and the soundtrack to Flash Gordon. It is hard to reward myself without falling back on cookies. I saw new Double Stuf golden Oreos on sale!
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    pedicures I love them!
  • sarah_ol
    sarah_ol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here are my thoughts for my own rewards:
    -new nail polish (or other cosmetic - good for small interim rewards - e.g., I got myself a new nail polish for logging my food for 2 weeks, then 2 for 30 days, to enforce the habit)
    -I have a wedding to go to in July, so if I lose a certain amount, I get to buy a new dress with a bit higher of a budget than I would normally give myself. If I don't, I have to wear a dress I already have.
    -I'm a big traveler, so for certain things, I reward myself by putting money into a travel fund.
    -new case for my phone
    -tickets to a show (concert, theater, or otherwise)
    -new shoes
    -fresh flowers
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    My trainer friend suggested that I reward myself $1 for every work out.
    Once I hit $500 (or after 500 work outs), I am getting myself a Burberry clutch (little handbag).

Since I started tracking on 3/30/2012, I've earned $12 so far.
    Slowly but surely...

Amanda
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm registering for the Color Run! It's a 5K I've wanted to do but kind of pricey. It'll be a reward for training to do it :)
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a HRM when I hit 150 lbs. My next one [140] I'll cut my hair and dye it. Also planning on getting my acrylics back and a pedicure, as well as a full body massage [god knows I need it!] and for 135 which is my goal weight, I'll be buying myself a crapload of new makeup and a whole new wardrobe/cute shoes :)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I went out yesterday and bought a new outfit, it was great getting into a smaller size. It inspires me to keep going.
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself with a manicure this week for my first 20lbs down.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    For 10lbs lost- haircut
    for 25lbs lost- new makeup (im a makeup addict)
    50 lbs lost- new shoes (expensive shoes)

And my husband is giving me 2.00 for every lb I lose, to buy new clothes when I get to my goal weight :)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I celebrated 365 days on mfp by running harder than before and eating right :-)
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    pedicures I love them!

Got one today!:smile:
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Love the rewards
    my first 10 was getting my ears repierced..it's been a few years
    my second 10 was getting my hair colored
    not sure what i'm going to do for my third but the weather will be nice so hmmm i'll read on and get some ideas from others
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    -clothes that FIT
    -pedicure
    -manicure
    -massage
    -hand bags
    -earings
    -food scale
    -healthy cook book
    -sneakers
    -work out clothes
    -itunes
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Back when i began this journey and was actively losing weight I did things such as getting a pedicure/and or getting my nails done, and at 30 pounds lost i got my nose pierced! :happy: :happy:
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Once I am either at my goal weight or a weight that my doctor and I agree is healthy for me, we are taking a trip back home to Israel, then spending a couple weeks in Greece.
    I haven't been home in years, and cannot wait. I decided I would prefer a big reward than a list of small ones.
  • unapologeticallyemma
    unapologeticallyemma Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I put things on layby and get to pick them up when I have achieved my goals, or I get my hair done, get my nails done, facial, or a really really indulgent once off treat, like a red velvet cupcake from this amazing shop in the city.

When i finish my journey, i am getting a custom made outfit and or corset!
  • 1sweetpea70
    1sweetpea70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just treated myself to some new clothes, new shoes, and the tiniest bikini!! Once my belly gets a little more toned, im going to replace my current belly ring with a prettier, new one.
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    fresh flowers every week that you lose weight-and every time you look at them you are reminded to stay on track!
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    new clothes/shoes, nail polish,make up, massage, day at the spa etc
  • unapologeticallyemma
    unapologeticallyemma Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    fresh flowers every week that you lose weight-and every time you look at them you are reminded to stay on track!

I love that idea!